PCOS and Depo injection.

fuzzylu

Twin mum & NPNT
Reaction score
ok so I have PCOS and struggled to get pregnant first time round. we needed t use clomid to have our twins.
After having them i started the depo, even tho i knew there was only a small chance of pregnancy i didnt want to take the risk. its now been a year and i have stopped the injections in january as we are now NPNT but still no sign of AF.

Im just really worried i have messed with my already messed up body too much, wish i had never had it, i was just really worried about getting pregnant again as my twins were such hard work.

could i have caused more problems with TTC and the pcos by having the depo?
and can i do anything to get my cycles jump started?

xx

unfortunately the depo can cause problems with cycles and it can be up to ayear afte stopping that periods and ovulation returns to normal

I'd have a chat to you gp for more info
x

thought that might be the case hence why ive come off it so early. we are not planning another for abit but want to give it a good try without the clomid so best get started lol

I also came off the Depo in Jan, and like you no sign at all of AF! I am seeing my dr next week about going back on the pill for a couple of cycles to help regulate my cycle! Could this be an option for you?

I have always done this when coming off the Depo and its always worked xx

I havent taken the pill in years as i had some nasty side effects when i was a teenager, could try it again but dont really want to put more contraceptives in my body if i dont need to. Its hard to tell if the depo is causing my lack of AF or PCOS as AF was irregula before the depo anyway.

My periods took a year to return with regularity after depo. Wouldn't ever have it again

It took me 2 years to get pg after stopping depo and my periods.were never the same after taking it. But since you do have pcos your dr will be more inclined to put you on clomid.to get you ovukating. They do say that it takes 2 years to fully fet out of your system. I only had one shot of depo. I will never use it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->