PCOS and IVF

Timetotry

Reaction score
I have a few questions about ivf, for women with PCOS.
What was your experience like?
How many eggs were retrieved?
How many fertilized? How many made it to embryo stage?
Did you develop OHSS?
Did you do a fresh or frozen transfer?

Any other info you can share would be awesome!
I'm a couples months away. Just enjoy my birth control pill freedom!

PCOS and IVF
I have a few questions about ivf, for women with PCOS.
What was your experience like?
Hi Time! :) I have PCOS and did IVF last year (and a FET this month).
How many eggs were retrieved? My ovaries almost over stimulated but out of over 90 follies they retrieved 6 mature eggs.
How many fertilized? 4
How many made it to embryo stage? 4 but one stalled at day 3 and 3 made it to day 5. One was put back in and two frozen successfully.
Did you develop OHSS? No but very close I was told.
Did you do a fresh or frozen transfer? First round was a fresh cycle. It was successful and my daughter is now 10 months old.. I just did my first frozen cycle (much easier) Thursday last week so fingers crossed!

Any other info you can share would be awesome! Don't over think things. Follow your instructions exactly and nothing much can go wrong as they monitor you closely. Try to relax when you can. Egg retrieval wasn't too bad. Also, its not so much the number of eggs retrieved but if you can be lucky to have one or two make it to be used that round, it only takes one as they say. anything can happen. Good luck!

What was your experience like? Stressful but worth it. Unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage after my first cycle but was blessed with my beautiful baby boy after attempt number 2.
How many eggs were retrieved? 1st attempt- 3, 2nd attempt- 12
How many fertilized? 1st attempt- 2, 2nd attempt- 10 How many made it to embryo stage? 2 and 10.
Did you develop OHSS? No. I had 60+ follicles during both cycles but managed to avoid developing OHSS.
Did you do a fresh or frozen transfer? Fresh. I had a 2dt after attempt number 1 due to small number of eggs retrieved. The second embryo wasn't a good enough quality to freeze. We managed to get 4 5 day blasts last cycle so we'll have FET when we're ready to try again.

Any other info you can share would be awesome! Be kind to yourself! And drink plenty of water as it helps ward off OHSS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->