PCOS + Charting ?

May55

Reaction score
Im tired.. I dont want to be confused anymore :( I found out I have PCOS last month..a "mild" case...I was put on Metformin. We have been TTC #2 for a year now, this is month 13.. I took Soy Isoflavones from CD 3-7..I am temping at the same time every single morning, and taking OPK's everyday at the same time, now 2x a day. My chart just always seems so "all over the place" compared to others that I see. I am on CD 15 right now, last cycle was 32 days but I really hope this one is a bit shorter with Metformin being started. Do any ladies here have PCOS and advice for charting? things that worked? ANYTHING? im so sick of all this honestly.

P.S..all my tests have been this exact colour for a week..

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 6
  • tests.jpg
    tests.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
I was told to do temp vaginally as that might cut out external factors effecting the temp. Its also probably ur meds working and it is ok to.have the odd day of high temp and the begining temps.are quiet stable. Sometimes i have a spike before o. I wouldnt compare charts that much we are all diffent. My charts never look the same each month. As insay other than that try taking ur temps.vaginally

Temping vaginally may help. Also, you may just want to ditch the OPKs. Many women with PCOS do not have luck with them at all. If you are able to have sex EOD you will be sure to hit your fertile window. If not EOD try every three days. Keep temping though so you know you ovulated. I used OPKs every day for 30 days and never got a positive, I can empathize with how depressing it is...

1) make sure to temp throughout your whole cycle, including your af. So many times I see women who don't but those temps count too towards your overall pattern.

2) invest in CB digital OPK's if you are going to use them. I have extreme PCOS and I have got a smiley with them and I have got positive with dollar store ones but a smiley face is just easier so you don't have to interpret the darkness of the second line. but don't use fmu. even though it says you can. I did mine in the evening when I got my smiley. If I had stuck with my smu one I would have thought it was negative. So now I do a pee hold and stick to around 7pm ish.

3) PCOS always gives the jagged look to your temps but over time you will notice a pattern and where your cover line tends to be.

4) sometimes you will O later than normal but as long as your LP is 10 days at min then you should be ok. I have 35 day cycles and I used to O on cd 17 giving me an LP of 18 days. After my miscarriage it shifted to cd 19 but still a 35 day cycle.

It can take a few months to see a pattern. if you click on my chart you can go back and see my other charts. My second chart I did ovulate as it was confirmed with a progesterone test but my temps were erratic. It was also only my 2nd month temping and the times weren't consistent. After that I got more consistent and I saw definite spikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->