PCOS, clomid and late ovulation bfp

LoveCakes

Reaction score
It took us 2 years since coming off the pill but we did it in the end! It's quite long and a bit complicated so I have broken into sections that way you can e.g. Just read the clomid bits.

Initial Diagnosis
I went to my gp and convinced her to do tests after 6 months due to heavy irregular periods and mid cycle spotting. Plus I had been temping and using opks to prove to myself at least I wasn't ovulating. GPs hormone tests confirmed it and referred to fs.

Fertility Clinic
Fs diagnosed PCO immediately by scan even though 2 different gps had said no due to hormone profile and I had no other symptoms. I'd have been given clomid then and there if it wasn't for very thick lining. Two rounds of provera and a hysteroscopy later I was diagnosed with atypical hyperplasia basically precancerous cells on the womb with a 1/4 chance of it developing into cancer, really rare for someone in their 20s! 9 months on the Mirena and another hysteroscopy showing normal cells and I could finally start my fertility treatment journey

Clomid
Cycle 1
So on to 50mg days 1-5. Day 13 showed an 18mm follicle which have me my first ever +ve opk the next day but only 5.9mm lining probably due to starting clomid the same day mirena was removed. Day 29 and AF showed up I was disappointed but hopeful for round 2

Cycle 2
50mg again and follie scan on day 13 showed no follies over 12mm. A months worth of -ve opks confirmed no ovulation and I started provera. I was a bit worried but felt 100mg would be the boost I needed.
Cycle 3
100mg days 1-5 follie scan day 11 showed no decent sized follicles. Dr said it looked like clomid wasn't going to work for me, even on 150mg but to keep going for three more cycles anyway. I went home and cried. I did opks randomly and on day 30, just as I was considering taking the provera early I got a +ve opk that shocked me. 11days later I got a faint BFP on an ic backed up with a "pregnant 1-2 weeks"

Thanks if you got through all that and good luck! Even with late ovulation following no ovulation I now have a 21 week old baby in me kicking away!

Hi @lovecakes
I'm in a Similar boat as you! Dx with PCOS, put on clomid. This month is my first round. O'd day 22.(2days ago) baby dustxxxx

Great ending! Thanks for sharing. Just yesterday I got diagnosed with PCOS and put on Provera and then will start my first round of clomid. I'm still in shock and don't really know what to feel, so I'm taking to forums to help me understand what this means for me and my DH journey. Thanks again for sharing your story...it makes me feel a little more hopeful that even if the road ahead is long, there is still hope.

I have PCOS as well, and DH has low morphology, we tried clomid a few rounds with no success, then tried clomid 50mg + IUI + trigger injection and got a good follie but the IUI failed. Next go around I did 100mg clomid and didn't get any follies, so we did 150mg clomid right away, still no follies, so we did 200mg of clomid and had a giant 26mm follie, did 2 trigger shots 5 days apart, but IUI failed again. I live in the US and my insurance doesn't pay for treatments so we ran out of money, so we took a break.

I decided to adopt the PCOS diet, no refined carbs or sugars or white potatoes, cut out pop of any kind and increased my activity a bit, DH cut down on caffeine and took his vitamins religiously and somehow I thought I O'd last cycle, so gave it a shot. Got a :bfp: on Aug. 10th and still barely believe it!!

My initial progesterone was pretty low, only 9.7 and it needs to be above 20. Started progesterone orally 2 days ago, got tested today and the level is up to 40!! My HCG more than quadrupled as well so I'm finally starting to be excited.

Congrats on your :bfp:!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->