PCOS Diet Buddies??

Yes, I have done lydia pinkham. I believe the big one in there that helped was the black cohosh. I o'd that cycle on CD 12 and got a bfp. It did end as a chemical but I do not believe it was related. I am actually going to be doing that again this coming cycle.

I tried vitex years and years ago and it helped regulate my cycle but I have no idea if I was oing. And dh was in the Navy at the time and gone so obviously weren't trying. I also tried maca and just never felt like that really helped. I tried soy isoflavones and I o'd both times but both bfn.

I think that is it. I think I have clung to the clomid because we got our bfp first round with DS and another bfp in Jan (chemical) on our first round again. But since then I feel like it has been making me crazy. This cycle with femara was so so so much calmer.

I used vitex for DD and was pretty upset when it didn't regulate anything when I took it to start regulating things again. Didn't do anything! I had a mini panic. I still am kind of bc I know that does a host of things while pregnant to sustain a pregnancy too. Inositol is also supposed to help with blood sugar levels maybe that's why I don't really have any crashes when I eat stuff I shouldn't. I do get low blood sugar though. I know when as my hands start shaking. Only happens in the morning though and probably because I don't eat breakfast and haven't had much of my sugar loaded caramel iced coffee :)

That's good this time was calmer. I can't imagine being any crazier haha. I'm very affected by my cycles. Anxious and moody, weepy, happy and everything in between depending on where I am in my cycle. At least it shows my body is going through all the parts of a cycle.

Really liking spearmint now. My most recent addition. Don't have to pluck my chin as often. My face isn't as oily and my hairbrush doesn't seem to have the same amount of hair on it after I brush. The real test though will be next cycle and seeing if it brings o forward any.

I do find it fascinating how we can so greatly impact our cycles with simple vitamins. Who knew? I definitely think diet plays a huge role too!

I definitely think diet is key. I have o'd on my own only when I am eating low carb.

I really want to try spearmint and see if it helps. I have also tried inositol but I have never kept up with it long enough to see if it helps.

Sorry I haven't posted much, we have been busy.

I ate off plan for the fair, but I didn't go overboard so I'm proud of myself. Today I am back on track. :) I get a lot of recipes from Pinterest, Atkins website, Linda's low carb, and peace, love, and low carb. Usually I just do a small amount of meat and lots of veggies.

I tried vitex, tea, and was in metformin at one point. I didn't ovulate on any of it, though I wasn't taking it too long. I got pregnant taking femara so that's what I'll go to when we're ready to try again.

Eee.. just looked up the carbs on my soup and salad I had for dinner. Way more than I would have thought. But it was healthy and so tasty so not gonna worry about it. It's not like I was eating bad carbs. The fact I feel good says it's really the quality of carbs over quantity.

I've had a HORRIBLE diet day! Won't wven say what I had for dinner. And dessert. So so bad . . . Every single one of the kids in the daycare were in horrible moods today except one and my DD. Which is surprising since she's been miserable the past couple of days. The scale will go up at least 2lbs! Oh well. I'm eating my feelings haha. There's always tomorrow

Haha! I eat my feelings too. Usually in the form of homemade chocolate chip cookies. Something about baking than having them warm is relaxing to me. Lately I've been making lactation cookies which have flax, oatmeal, and whole wheat flour so at least they are much healthier. Even my hubby likes them. Lol :)

And as I thought I'm up 2lbs. Oh well. AF should be coming in a couple days and I usually lose some water weight around then so it's not too bad. Someday I'll lose these last 15lbs. The first bit came off so quick! Like 10lbs a month for 2 months then slowed way down and nothing I did changed. I got really discouraged and gave up for a bit then lose some more and stopped so discouraged again and stopped and then it keeps repeating. Oh well. Someday. I have lost a lot so I'm proud of that.

Mmmmm cookies...we still have cake in the fridge lol

Officially hit the 40lb mark!! I'm now 10ish pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight! 11lbs to go!

Over been doing okay with the diet. Having more carbs and dairy than I should be, but doing less snacks and smaller portions. And not exercising so I think it's mostly the inositol and spearmint!

I've definitely notices the inositol and/or spearmint has decreased my appetite so that's nice. I weighed myself this morning and I am down even with eating what I wanted this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->