PCOS Diet Buddies??

Yea, I would love the recipe!

Unfortunately, it is a real thing. You sound like me. I stood in the hall at work for almost 5 mins confused today. I still have no idea what I was doing. Fatigue, dizziness, headaches and mental fog are all symptoms.

I would love the recipe. My husband works nights so I could make then freeze them to pull out when I don't feel like going through the effort to cook for just me.

I did ok today. I did have my fair cheeseburger and a little bit of funnel cake. Way better than I would usually do!

The low carb flu is the worst. I had it last week. Headaches, tired, and super cranky! Lol

Ive been pretty cranky and irritable too. Never heard of low carb flu. Goodness.

Meatloaf Muffins
We don't use that much barbecue sauce. More ketchup.

Thanks Kylas, those look good. I prefer ketchup too so would make the change.

Do you ladies cut out dairy? I have reduced it but eating low carb with no dairy seems incredibly hard. In the past I have relied on heavy cream and cheese.

I have read that goats milk doesn't have the effect that cow milk does on PCOS so I was thinking of switching to that for recipes. I don't drink milk so that is not an issue.

I kind of did. It's really hard I love cheese! My coffee has a bit of cream but I don't have any other than that. Trying to switch to almond milk in my coffee.

I can't drink goats milk. DD does as she has mspi and I don't like the taste. I use almond milk in recipes that call for milk.

Thanks Kylas. I will look for some alternatives. I don't eat a lot of dairy so maybe that will help. I do like cheese though. So maybe sticking with regular cheese and then adding in almond/coconut milk into recipes.

Any low carb dinner recipes? I get stuck in a rut and I really want to avoid getting bored this time.

Those meatloaf muffins are really good. You can google a lot! I also make turkey meatballs. We have chicken breasts a lot. And fish. And sausage.

I have been searching google a lot today. I have found a few so will be trying those soon. My internet keeps crashing so might have to look tomorrow. We are having a horrible storm right now so I think that is why.

We do eat beef but no pork so that does limit some things. I have a low tolerance for Chicken so that seriously sucks!!

Haha when I was 9 I decided I wasn't eating anything other than poultry and sea food. And I haven't. OH says all the time she's sick of chicken so I just tell her hen se is free to make herself something or go get something haha.

I use to only eat chicken but when I got pregnant with DS I developed this dislike of it that never went away. I also had bad cravings for beef at that time and ever since then liked it. Before being pregnant I never did. It has been so weird.

Ah. I developed an addiction to strawberry coolattas from Dunkin donuts while pregnant. It's really a miracle I didn't develop gd! I actually had low blood sugar and for all the crap I ate I don't know how!

I have an issue with this diet - I've read that you don't wan to bio your protein really bc your metabolism will turn that I to carbs, but that's what I eat instead of a carb! Like instead of pasta I'll have a protein, instead of a sandwich I'll just have the meat. So I don't know how to not do that? I don't have any other options.

I struggle with that same issue. I overcompensate not eating carbs by eating to much protein. Some of the things I have found that helps is a little olive oil or butter with my veggies, oil based dressings on salads, avocados (not a big fan so one or two a week at most!). When I was eating heavy cream I would add a splash to coffee, make soups with it and make chocolate mousse that I froze. (Tasted like ice cream with hardly any sugar!!) I also like olives so I throw a few of those in dishes and nuts. I like macadamia nuts so spend the little extra at costco. But I also like other ones so usually eat 1 oz or so a day. Also, coconut and coconut oil added to things are delicious.

I have also attempted to make fat bombs (google keto fat bombs). But honestly so may use fake sugars and I do not. Sometimes I sub in honey but that increases the carbs quite a bit.

Honestly though what am I supposed to eat instead of carbs and protein?

I don't eat breakfast much as I have a coffee and use that as breakfast. Ice caramel mmmmm. We're allowed one vice ;)

Then lunch is a protein and a veggie and dinner the same. Sometimes I'm super hungry in the morning so I'll have an egg or sausage which is more protein. Can't have a bagel or toast.

:)

So bad tonight. Stayed at my parents for dinner. Had like 3 rolls . . . They were so good! And I have no willpower. And had a bunch of potatoes which aren't good for PCOS either.

Fail.

I had a bad night and had a ton of sugar. But I was so sick all night so definitely learned my lesson. At least for now! So I am back on track for today.

I wish I'd have issues when I get off track but I don't. I could hinge on a box of donuts or have an entire loaf of bread and I'll feel fine. So sucks my body isn't helping me haha. Probably gonna have pizza for lunch but trying to be strong...

Yea, I am very insulin resistant so to much sugar/carbs and I start feeling sick. I am pretty sure I diabetic or very close. Which is also part of why I want to get this diet thing under control before getting pregnant again.

Makes sense. I honestly don't know how insulin resistant I am. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13 and never had any testing again. Even at my endo. I was able to get pregnant using herbs and supplements so I'm sure if I had issues or do in the future then I'd get further testing.

Had pizza for lunch...4 slices....homemade tho so not as bad? I'm out walking now with DD before her nap to walk it off. It sucks working in a daycare bc I do most meals and have to avoid eating the food. Most times I do but sometimes I succumb to temptation.

Yea, pizza is a big weakness for me. I am going out with my mom tonight. I am going to try to stay on track and order soup and a salad.

I was dx with PCOS at 22, but I have had all the symptoms since I was 13. I never had any blood sugar problems until I got pregnant with DS. I had horrible GD and ended up on a huge dose of insulin. And it went back to normal after him but since then just seems to be getting worse. I feel awful after eating sugar or heavy carb meals. I should get testing but I am not ready to face it yet. So just trying to manage it with low carb diet.

Oooh gotcha. As long as you know how to manage it with diet. That's the best way to really. So much better thantaking medication if you can avoid it.

40 minute walk burned 300 calories! So wasn't a huge loss with the pizza haha. I'll definitely do a simple chicken breast and veggies for dinner to make up for it. I definitely feel better having had a nice walk. Sweaty as hell now though. Had a pretty high heart rate. Which is normal in this point in my cycle. I get better workouts post O-AF haha. I swear a lot without exercising as well. Being a woman is grand lol

Have you tried anything other than clomid and femara to O? Like any herbs or supplements? Just curious. I've had so much luck with herbs and vitamins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->