PCOS..Irregular periods...cycle,testing?Arrrrgh

Kylaa15

Reaction score
Okay, first post.. And thought I'd give this a try first, before having to go to the doctors.

Because of my PCOS, and irregular periods every 3-4 months I get perscribed medication too kick start a period, brillant! Apart from there's no set time or date I will have a period again, so I don't know how long my cycle is?

I've started monitoring my BBT and I've got ovulations tests at the ready, but when I use the ovulation calculator I don't know how many days too put in for my next cycle, shall i just stick with 28days :wacko:?

I hope this all makes sense!! So if any one has any advice or tips, that would be great:D

If your not having periods on your own then your probably not ovulating, you could try soy isoflavones 80- 200mg cd 3-7 it works like clomid for some women.

Hi there,

I have PCOS too and my periods are about 77 days apart. When given medication then they are about 30 days. I know I ovulate around day 64 and I've figured that out by taking my temperature. I use FF and it has been very helpful. Because of PCOS it's hard to pin point ovulation like a normal 28 day cycle. Good luck. Taking your temperature will give you an idea of where your ovulation falls.

I agree that if you're having to take something to jump start your period every few months then you're probably not ovulating. Have you had your insulin levels checked?

I also have pcos/irregular cycles. I test OPKs when I see EWCM whether it's small amounts or alot. Do you ever notice any EWCM through out your cycles?

I'm thinking on giving Soya Isoflavones ago next cycle, see if it makes a difference.

I have PCOS too. On Metformin my cycles are at best 35 days. Sometimes they are up to 56 days. I am on my first cycle of Clomid. Fortunately I just happened to start on my own without extra medication to make it happen. I had 3 different ultrasounds to track the progress of my ovaries. When I finally had a follicle develop, I was given an injection of Ovidrel which causes ovulation within 36 hours. I should have ovulated on CD 20. Waiting on test results to find out if I really did ovulate. I would honestly recommend having your DR track you progress instead of just trying to guess on your own. I tried every prediction method, but they just didn't work with the PCOS issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->