Pcos ttc#1 buddies??

sazikins91

ttc #1
Reaction score
so yeah as title says lol been trying since July. no meds at mo but maybe metformin soon after OH has sperm analysis done on tuesday. i need to lose weight so maybe also a weight loss buddy? drop me line?...sorry sounds a bit cheesy :blush:

yay i have a buddy :happydance: haha....have you had any side effects on metformin? heard it can mess with your tum a bit xx :dust:

Yay!:dance: Well, I've only been on the Metformin for about a week and a half. The first day it made me REALLY sick, but really nothing besides an upset tummy every now and then. I'm upping my dosage to 1000mg a day on Saturday and I'm nervous about it.:blush: Are you on any TTC meds? What other things are you trying (if anything)?

well my OH having a sperm analysis done tomorrow. after we get them results i am being put on metformin for a while. at the moment im just trying have have sex every other day, charting my bbt, taking prenatal vitamins, eating right and started to exercise...oh and trying the whole legs up after sex lol...hope the upset tum settles down for you xx

Thanks! :) Let me know how the sperm test goes. I don't think my DF has anything going on with his :spermy: that we have to worry about, at least not yet. Prenatal vitamins are a good idea. Do you know what dosage of Metformin you'll be taking? I hope it doesn't make you :sick:

he mentioned 500mg daily so im guessing it will be that one. i don't my OH has anything going on with him but doc said will be a lot quicker then thinking it is me (which it already partially is) and doing all these tests and then finding out it was him all this time...which is fair enough. awww i noticed you have a wedding coming up...hoping for BFP before big day or afterwards? xxx

heya!

im sian 26yrs old OH is 24 was diagnosed with pcos a wk ago today:cry:

started taking metformin 500mg last wk and up to 1000mg this wk. Im CD53 today! been ttc for 15months now! so im in for ur group! also trying to lose sum weight! i've lost 12lbs so far
:hugs:xx

hey girls! I also am TTC #1 and was diagnosed with pcos on April 9. DH and I are both 30 (I'm 2 weeks older!). I have an appt on the 29th and my Dr said that if I'm not pregnant by then, she is putting me on clomid. I'm sort of nervous about that because twins already run in the family for both of us, but 8 babies is better than no babies!!

:dust: for you all!!

Welcome, you two! :hugs: I look forward to getting to know y'all better! :happydance:

Sazi, I hope everything works out for you guys! Good luck with the Metformin. I'm going to try to get my DF to get his :spermy: checked. You're right, it is a good idea. I'm hoping for my BFP before the wedding. I've already looked at some really cute maternity wedding dresses, if that would be the case!

Welcome, you two! :hugs: I look forward to getting to know y'all better! :happydance:

hiya! hope ur well lets hope we get sum well deserved BFP's on this thread!

due to go for bloods on monday to check prog levels, im 3/4DPO today!

just got my pre seed today, got soy iso's, my met, BBT thermometer and OPK's and pre natal vits all lined up 4 next cycle! im on a TTC mission!!

hows every1 doing? Pinky-has the met made u bloated and have pains in ur side as i hav been experiencing this ova the last few days and it hurts!!:wacko:

xxx

Hello! It's been a few days, so I wanted to update what's going on with me! I started spotting (old blood eww tmi) with slight cramping on and off, the spotting and cramps lasted about 4.5 days and was completely gone when I woke up this morning. I never spot and I start getting cramp about 1 week before af that get progressively worse every day. So this is a little weird for me. I hoping that it was implantation, but since Ive been ttc for a year now I'm assuming that I just didnt ovulate and so my hormones are wacky. Who knows though. Af wont be late officially until the 17th so Im going to wait until then to test (if I can resist lol). I hope you all are having a great week so far!!

:hugs::hugs:

Sian, good luck with everything! :dust: You sure do sound like you have an arsenal of TTC stuff!:thumbup: I need to get an OPK and a thermometer, too. I hope I can remember to take my temp before I get out of bed!:blush:

Aubrie, I hope it was implantation bleeding! Please keep us posted!:af:

Good luck anad baby dust to all and have a great Thursday!:happydance::flower:

So, does anyone have any news or updates? I'm anxious to hear how you all are doing! :flower:

Can I join you ladies? We have also been NTNP/TTC (depending on which day you ask me) since July. This will be both of our #1. Dx with PCOS a few years ago, came off the pill last year. I was supposed to start meformin and I am too much of a baby to handle it! I have tried 3 or 4 times this year for a few weeks apiece and it is too hard to have run to the bathroom every 5 minutes and deal with the cramping! Even with the diet change. This is our first cycle and I am WTT so we will see..... I guess I better suck it up and start the metformin!

I've never taken Metformin, what does it do to you? Today is CD31 for me and I woke up with an achey uterus. Thats all I can really say about it, sometimes it feel like AF cramps, other times its just a dull ache. My chest has been swollen for like 2 weeks now, but they started feeling a little sore (more full feeling) yesterday. I', going to stop and get some more tests tomorrow or Monday if nothing changes!

I've never taken Metformin, what does it do to you? Today is CD31 for me and I woke up with an achey uterus. Thats all I can really say about it, sometimes it feel like AF cramps, other times its just a dull ache. My chest has been swollen for like 2 weeks now, but they started feeling a little sore (more full feeling) yesterday. I', going to stop and get some more tests tomorrow or Monday if nothing changes!

Alot of girls with PCOS have insulin resistance from the extra hormones. The metformin is supposed to regulate this and encourage weight loss, ending in a normal cycle. Every time I try to take it I end up getting nausea/diarhea/stomach cramps every time I eat. The symptoms are better with lower fat meals but I couldnt even eat any carbs hardly without them running right through me. (sorry TMI). Alot of people take this without an issue, or the symptoms go away within a week or two. I work with a couple girls who got PG only using the metformin to help regulate their cycle.

Maybe your AF is coming Aubrie? I know my chest is achey for atleast a week prior. Maybe dare I say :shhh: it is some implantation goin on? Do you know when you OV? Hope you feel better soon!

Alot of girls with PCOS have insulin resistance from the extra hormones. The metformin is supposed to regulate this and encourage weight loss, ending in a normal cycle. Every time I try to take it I end up getting nausea/diarhea/stomach cramps every time I eat. The symptoms are better with lower fat meals but I couldnt even eat any carbs hardly without them running right through me. (sorry TMI). Alot of people take this without an issue, or the symptoms go away within a week or two. I work with a couple girls who got PG only using the metformin to help regulate their cycle.

Maybe your AF is coming Aubrie? I know my chest is achey for atleast a week prior. Maybe dare I say :shhh: it is some implantation goin on? Do you know when you OV? Hope you feel better soon!

Ohh I'm sorry that it makes you that sick! Not fun at all!! I hope you feel better :( :hugs:
Anyway, this could be AF coming. I really have no idea. I had some super bright blue veins appear around my nipples last night, I was so shocked that I literally yelled. DH (who is quite a breast man) was like, "Ohhh yeah! those veins always show up right before you get your period!". How in my 30 years of being alive have I never noticed them before? I suppose though that if anyone (other than myself) would notice changes in my chest, it would be DH. hahah. sorry, tmi. Today is CD32 and I woke up with a scratchy throat and stuffy nose. Granted, I work in an elementary school so I really could have caught a cold with all those germs everywhere. I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated. I usually get positive OPK super early, on CD6. This cycle, I also got what I considered to be another positive on CD 13. I started spotting from CD 23 until CD27, mostly (gross TMI) old brown blood, with some redder blood every once in a while when I went to the bathroom... I never spot mid cycle. My cramps are still here but they almost feel more like I have a UTI, though I dont think that I do.. so I'm confused and just continuing to play the waiting game.

Thanks Aubrie. I hope those are good signs you are having! I noticed the blue veins in my chest too a couple days ago. I think I have had mine my whole life and I never noticed them either! Fx'd for you and your :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->