PCOS Women/Low Carb Diet

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Hi girls! I wanted to start a thread because I know a lot of women deal with the infertility of PCOS and wanted to get to know some of you ladies!:winkwink:

So for 6 years I haven't been on any kind of protection or BC. I had irregular periods. As years went on and as I got older my acne was flaring up, I was picking up weight like crazy even when I was very active. My hair was falling out and thinning. I had to pluck hair on my face daily :dohh:

So when me and my DH were ready to try my doctor (without doing an ultrasound) put me on clomid. I was on clomid for 2 cycles and used the clearblue fertility monitor and conceived. But I later miscarried at 8 weeks. Most devastating thing. Didn't have any signs of a miscarriage. Me and DH went in the dr's office for a regular checkup. Belly was getting tighter and was excited. They did an ultrasound on the belly and vaginally. Couldn't find a heartbeat. My heart broke into a million pieces. My cycles went back to my normal about a couple months after that and just didn't wanna try again.

Some life issues came up and we just put trying on the backburn. 8 months ago I didn't have a period for 3 cycles and all the hpt's were turning up negative. So went to a new doctor and come to find out I had cysts on my ovaries and was diagnose with PCOS with the symptoms I had. So I had a choice to be put on clomid or birth control. I decided to research a more natural way to conceive with PCOS and I came across the low carb diet.

I started the lifestyle change. Acne was getting better and clothes were getting loser. :thumbup:I've been on this lifestyle change for 6 months and I've lost 42 pounds. No acne and no fat.

As of right now I am currently waiting to test in 6 days! My symptoms have been headache, bloating, cramps, pinch like cramps, nausea and brown/pink discharge.

Trying to refrain myself on staying on this healthy lifestyle and conceive naturally cause it scares me to either have twins or end up miscarrying again.:cry:

So here I am.. Ready to test soon.. :happydance:If not this cycle I'm gonna start using the fertility monitor to know my actual peak days.

So ladies what's your story?:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->