Pcos?

JerseyRose

TTC#2
Reaction score
Well I just got AF and feeling sad and like I'm never going to have a baby.

I have irregular cycles and it just occurred to me that maybe I have PCOS. I just had a look and I have these symptoms that could possibly be a sign of PCOS.

Irregular cycles
Anxiety and I feel like I could be getting a little bit of depression
Weight gain
I've had a bit of groin pain lately

Can anyone tell me what made you wonder if you had PCOS, what you did about it and what it means now that you have diagnosed it?

I'm scared to go to the doctor. How do I know if any of it is connected or if my symptoms are a coincidence?

Appreciate any feedback! :flower:

Some people have it without symptoms *hand up*

I had it picked up in a routine internal scan while at a fertility appointment.

Did they notice cysts on your ovaries?

I had an internal ultrasound when I had my miscarriage, do you think they would have picked up any cysts then if I had any?

First, I'm sorry about your loss. I also had an early loss in June, which was also our sixth cycle. :hugs: I know that having that happen and then struggling more can make you worry about everything.

I'd say just from looking at your charts that the ranges of your cycles does not seem too irregular. Some women have 50-60 cycle days and then have 30 day cycles and then another 60 day cycle.

How long have you been charting? Do you notice multiple patches of cm or multiple times of positive opks? I know a lot of women with PCOS struggle with that and that's a sign for them.

My cycle right after my early loss was longer as I ovulated later, which it looks as though your cycle was as well. This is normal after it happens. It can take a few months to get a 'normal/average' cycle back. Did you have concerns about it before as well or is it just new symptoms/problems you are noticing?

I do not have PCOS, but a friend on another thread suggested this if you want to find out:

"-get with a gyn
-do CD 3/4 blood labs to test your estrogen, progesterone, LH and FSH. (The LH/FSH ratio is often a red flag for PCOS.)
-transvaginal ultrasound to look at the size and shape of your ovaries to see if you have the classic look or multiple follicles/cysts per ovary.
-Take records on the lengths of your cycles, BBT charts to see how wide the range is between your cycles
-A family history look since it is frequent that females on the mother's side will have similar issues."

I want to wish you all the luck and my fingers are crossed that we will both have our sticky babies soon. :hugs:

I have pcos, I suffer from weight gain, no periods at all, acne, also the clinical symptoms I have that led to diagnosis were-
Ultrasound showed 49 ovarian cysts,
Blood test confirmed high testosterone, fsh and LH levels off, and confirmed no ovulation.

Hello, sorry I can't help much but will be stalking as I have wondered the same thing. I have irregular cycles, some very long, late O, dark hair on belly, weight gain, bit of acne. Hope you get some answers :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->