pease tell me someone can relate

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
Idk what to call it...I guess extreme comfort feeding...

LO nurses to sleep. After she's asleep I usually wait awhile before putting her to bed to ne sure she'll stay asleep. During day naps she will absolutely not stay asleep I'm usually left sitting on the couch while she eats, falls asleep, 20 min later while still asleep starts rooting, eats more, stops, 20 min later roots, eats......etc etc it just continues until I finally get sick of sitting or lying uncomfortably and I move her or let her wake up instead of letting her suck endlessly..she does not do this at bedtime...she'll cluster feed a bit and fall asleep and I'm able to put her to bed where she'll usually have a decent 6 hour stretch of sleep. So why during the day is she a little milk vampire!? She wont take her pacifier or my finger it has to be my boob or she pouts and wakes up..its sooo annoying. It makes awake time hard because I don't get anything done during her naps and I can only let my house go for so long....sometimes I have to let her sit on her play mat and play alone so I can get house work done..

Anyone else's baby like this? I'm still waiting for it to correct itself. Hopefully when I break her from nursing to sleep and get her to self settle this will end as well but we'll see! Right now I do it cause it makes her happy and she's too young for any sleep training but I want to go to school and work sometime this spring and she cant comfort feed with the sitter : /

Sorry that was kind of long!!!

Mine was a milk vampire as well. :)
Three things I wanted to share, really:
1) It's totally okay to let her play alone while you get housework done. Baby's happy on the playmat? Fantastic! Baby happy laying on a blanket in the kitchen with some books open to look at so you can get some dishes washed or some dinner cooked? Fantastic! Independent play is a good thing.
2) If independent play isn't really her thing, I found a baby carrier to be just hands down the most fabulous device ever invented by humans or gods. You can get so much done with a young baby just strapped to you. I just learned how to clean everything without volatile solvents. Baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice are all great cleaners and usable when there's a baby in close proximity.
3) Even if she always feeds to sleep with you and can't be put down with you, babies act differently with caregivers. My son would never have tolerated me putting him down for a nap until he was almost a year. Woke right up. But give him to a nice lady at daycare and he was happy to be rocked to sleep and put down easily. Or he'd just randomly fall asleep on a comfortable pillow and be easily moved into a crib.
By the time spring gets here, she'll seem like a totally different baby. I wouldn't worry too much about breaking habits and all that-- it's difficult to believe, but stuff like that can change really rapidly and be a complete non-issue once that time rolls around anyway. Don't stress, mama!

Thank you so much :) ive actually when thinking a lot about getting myself a better carrier for Christmas if she's still clingy. I have one but it's an old style type and doesn't seem like she's comfy in it. : /

I had massive day sleep issues with Mickey. Some days he literally did not sleep at all. Some days he fell asleep at the breast but onlt for a minute or two. At about 4 months old I'd had enough of this. It was clear at times that he wasn't crying because he was hungry but because he was tired. So I started wrapping him in a thin blanket, almost like a swaddle, and would cover the top part of his face with a muslin square. It must have looked like some kind of child abuse but it would normally work in getting him to fall asleep and he would stay asleep if I put him down (most of the time ). It would take maybe ten minutes of him screaming to get him to fall asleep which was hard and then another time ten minutes of snuggling to make sure he was properly asleep before I would put him down. But it is already getting better. If I can't catch him as soon as he starts showing tired signs he will fall asleep happily with no crying within about 5 minutes. This isn't always possible though as I am often tied up dealing with my biggest boy. And he doesn't always need the blanket or muslin now either. We're still not at the point of being able to put him down and him just falling asleep but small steps are fine with me.

Strangely, he is mucu better at night too. He'll go down in just sleeping bag and normally stays asleep fora good 6 hours. He wakes for a 20 minute feed and goes back down easily then every 3 or 4 hours. Last night he was a bit grizzly after I put him down at 3:30am and he settled himself! So I can see progresw. But I am looking forward to a full night's sleep!

I may have fixed my issue but by starting a new one lol : /

On days when I seriously can't have her comfort sucking ive tried her swing and she'd occasionally fall asleep in it after a full tummy if I held her arms down and rocked with her swing for a half hour or so and she'd fight it but eventually fall asleep. Today is one of those days and she's actually fallen asleep easily in her swing with me holding her arms for only 5-10 mins.....I guess this is better than the other but its just another problem ill have to fix when she's too big for her swing.

I hopefully your LO gets better at sleep too! If only they knew how badly it stresses us out they'd gladly fall asleep for us!

I'm always telling my daughter mommies need to sleep too, mommies need to eat too, mommies need to bathe too!!!! Those are the hardest things to accomplish!

my baby is very similar-- I use a quick walk in the buggy and then he sleep in his buggy for a good while afterwards....also putting him outside for a change of air also helps sometimes............................

I use the swing to soothe her to sleep as well. Might not be the best thing, but she gets a good rest in it and I can get some time to myself. If it's not one thing its another to feel guilty about!

As for playing alone, I agree with the above post. I think it is great to teach your LO how to entertain themselves. I let Sadie play by herself until she starts to get fussy, then it is my time to entertain her before she goes down for a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->