pediatrician making me starve my baby?!

Always feed on demand! I know a PP suggested to switch to hungry baby formula but I really wouldn't suggest that. it's got less nutrients in it and should only be used if baby is draining 9oz every 2 hours.

For months 2-4 my nephew took 7 oz every 2 hours. It was no problem and he spread it out to 5 oz every 3 hours by month 5.

personally i would feed on demand. your baby knows how much he needs and if he eats to much he will spit up the rest.

If he were breastfed you would have no idea what he ate- why should bottlefeeding be any different?

Their appetite also varies depending on growth- my started out eating a lot for her age but as she got older she didn't really want any more than she had been getting.

Go with your gut.

My LO eats less than what is recommended but whether they eat less/more than the guidelines, let them eat how much THEY want to eat. Every baby is different and you shouldn't limit their intake, especially not at this age.

Feed him when he needs feeding. You'll have a much happier baby and not feeding him on demand means he isn't getting all he needs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->