pediatrician/opinions needed

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
Please dont turn this into a vax/non vaxing debate....... :thumbup:

DD2 needs to go to the doctor every 3mo due to her being sick (not anymore, but she was), she cant go to DD1's doctor because he doesnt see kids under 3 and she needs to go pretty often and thats quite a treck down to where he is. Anyway, the doctor today went great, it was our first time there- however she said since we dont vaccinate they wont see us!! :cry::shrug: Which we dont vaccinate and she did say if we get some we can still come, but i dont know if i should or not. I mean we have reasons not to. The problem also is that our insurance is through the state, so either doctors are full or they dont take our insurance, so going to another doctor would be hard. I have never been told I cant go to a doc due to not vaccinating. She was very nice and had other great info, but i kind of wonder if shes like this about this issue, what could she be like on other issues? Should I get some vaccines and bite the bullet and continue there or stick to my guns and find a new doctor ASAP? has anyone else been told something like this?

** i did notice shes off on her info. Saying theres nothing medically that connects vaccines to autism, that the mercury in the vaccines is so small it doesnt matter and the biggest?? That DD cant go to school unless shes vaccinated. I wanted to speak up and correct her on the info but i thought better to bite my tongue. :growlmad:

What state are you in? There are exemptions in every state, either medical, philosophical or religious, so she can probably go to school without. We don't vaccinate either and my kids attend public school :)

Also she is up to date, there is no proof of the MMR causing Autism, the dr that claimed it has been discredited. But there are still many parents that swear it effected their kids and I tend to believe that parents know their kids and know if there was something that made a dramatic change. But I don't believe the MMR is a "danger" in that way to all kids, just certain kids and we don't know which ones before it's given. BUT that wasn't a big factor in our decision not to vaccinate. Most vaccines now do not have mercury, the flu does and 1-2 others, I'm completely blanking on which they are now though.

Anyways though I would NOT change my decision to vaccinate just to be able to go to a certain dr. I chose not to vaccinate because I feel it is putting my kids at risk, there are too many risks associated with vaccinating, so I wouldn't change that for a dr or anyone else, I feel it's what's best for my kids. You may not feel THAT strongly on it so maybe you'd feel ok doing it? I personally wouldn't though. I personally would keep searching for another dr. I have heard of drs denying patients that don't vaccinate, one it's a big money loss for them, but also many just fully believe in them and feel that you might be putting other patients at risk...which I don't believe at all but some do. Good luck!

Did you ask her 'why'? Don't be pressured into doing something you may regret if there's no real reason behind it. I basically had to choose between having the HPV vaccine and my husband when applying for residency over here and I went for the vaccine despite desperately not wanting it - I still cry sometimes and felt resentment towards my husband after having it; it terrifies me that I may be victim of unresearched long term effects and I am wary about vaxxing my daughter because considering how upset I was after having a vaccine I didn't want MYSELF, imagine how I'd feel giving one to my daughter... :wacko::dohh:

I would look for another paediatrician, but it's your life and if you would prefer to get the vaccines so you can use this specific Dr then go ahead. Just don't do something you'll regret if it's something you believe strongly about. :hugs:

sorry i didnt update, we found a new doctor who is on board with us not vax'ing

Glad you figured something out! :) I think so many parents would be easily pressured by something like that (a professional telling them they can't treat their kids if they don't vax - it might make some doubt themselves) I would just tell the paediatrician 'fine, I'll take my child and my money elsewhere!!' :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->