pediatrician?

Charlotte-j

Mum of 2.
Reaction score
got the appointment date and time for jessica thruogh today.
was wondering what will actually happen when we go to the hospital :-/

** she is going as she has not been gaining enough weight and this week she actually lost some :-/ and is now way below the weight line in the red book :(

** she is going as she has not been gaining enough weight and this week she actually lost some :-/ and is now way below the weight line in the red book :(

Firstly sorry to hear that hun, I hope its something they can work out and fix it very quickly, its so so scary when you have to go and see peds for your baby. I know from personal experience, when we've had to go lily always gets checked over by a nurse to begin with, gets weighed. Then they ped will speak to you, discuss things and not sure after that, they might just talk at this point.

Hope shes ok hun xxx:hug:

yeah im with embro 216 they may also ask u for a urine sample just t check that theres nothing wrong

What was her birth weight?
Is she formula fed or breast fed?

Here's a chart to keep track of the appropriate weight your baby should be.

Link: https://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-weight-teens.shtml

After you see the pediatrician and you know what her weight is now.
Use this as a guide for the next time your baby visit her doctor.

You would know that your baby should be thus and so amount of weight before you get back there.

Hope this helps.

Mello

You would know that your baby should be thus and so amount of weight before you get back there.

Hope this helps.

Mello

at birth she was 5lb9.5
last week(3weeks old) she was 6lbs3
and yesterday she was 6lbs2
she is formula fed, 3.5-4oz every4 hours

Hope this helps.

Mello

at birth she was 5lb9.5

Hey girl,

Did you just come from the doctors today? The time framing is different from when you started this thread, it says you posted it today, that's why I asked. What did they say?

Was this the first visit or second visit. From my understanding, it seems like the first visit she was 6lbs.3, following by the next visit she was 6lbs.2 or Do you have a scale at home? I'm trying to understand.

Was she born as scheduled or as a preemie?

I believe she's doing well since her birth weight. Her weight increased not decreased.

Just because it went down a 1 pound doesn't mean anything. Just try to feed her every 3 hrs instead of 4 hrs.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, remember their little stomach is so small like a marble, they can only hold but so much.

Just wait until she's 5/6 weeks it will pick up.

Another thing, were you a eater while carrying her?
That's a good question.

Mello

Hope this helps.

Mello

at birth she was 5lb9.5

Hey girl,

Did you just come from the doctors today? The time framing is different from when you started this thread, it says you posted it today, that's why I asked. What did they say?

Was this the first visit or second visit. From my understanding, it seems like the first visit she was 6lbs.3, following by the next visit she was 6lbs.2 or Do you have a scale at home? I'm trying to understand.

I believe she's doing well since her birth weight. Her weight increased not decreased.

Just because it went down a 1 pound doesn't mean anything. Just try to feed her every 3 hrs instead of 4 hrs.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, remember their little stomach is so small like a marble, they can only hold but so much.

That's a good question.

Mello

sorry, didnt make it really clear. i blame tiredness :( lol yesterday the helth visitor came and weighed her, as she had lost weight since last week and hasn't been putting as much as they would like on we had to go to the doctors to have her looked over, he said she is healthy but wants to keep an eye on her and this evening is when i got a phone call from the hospital saying they want her to be seen there on wednesday.

she was 2days over due, which is another reason why they wanna keep an eye on her, cos i had a few problems during pregnancy, mainly due to my blood pressue which is why she was smaller than they wanted.

and too your last question, yes i was :-/ lol xx

and thankyou for all your information :) finding it alot of help

Hope this helps.

Mello

at birth she was 5lb9.5

Hey girl,

That's a good question.

Mello

sorry, didnt make it really clear. i blame tiredness :( lol yesterday the helth visitor came and weighed her, as she had lost weight since last week and hasn't been putting as much as they would like on we had to go to the doctors to have her looked over, he said she is healthy but wants to keep an eye on her and this evening is when i got a phone call from the hospital saying they want her to be seen there on wednesday.

she was 2days over due, which is another reason why they wanna keep an eye on her, cos i had a few problems during pregnancy, mainly due to my blood pressue which is why she was smaller than they wanted.

and too your last question, yes i was :-/ lol xx

and thankyou for all your information :) finding it alot of help

You're Welcome Mama,

She will pick up as her stomach grows. Lol, after a while you'll say "boy she eats like a shark" "She's Greedy" just wait you'll see.

Mello

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->