Peg Perego Vs. Britax Car Seats

GoldenRatio

Reaction score
Getting close to my third trimester I started to think about what travel system that i should buy. With all my research, i narrowed down to two! but from there on i cant decide:dohh:

We currently live in Canada but will be moving to Europe in summer so thats why i dont want to get a travel system. Will be getting a good car seat and Baby Trend Snap&Go stroller.

I know that i can find peg perego and britax strollers in Europe later on to create a travel system for the second baby.

So my two options are Peg Perego Primo Viaggo 4-35 or Britax B-Safe 35 Elite. I believe they both are compatible with Snap & Go stroller.

Hopefully you ladies can help me make a decision here!

I've never seen the Peg Perego one but we had the Britax for our son and will be using it again for our daughter. I loved it. It was a tad heavier than I would have liked but it was so durable and spacious! Easy to use and sat well in the base. I know they changed the models since but I'm sure they are just as nice!

I'm in Canada too and we had the peg perego for our last 2 babies and loved it. Had to get a new one for this baby though since it expired and we went for a chicco this time just to try something different. But I would buy another peg perego!

These two strollers along with the City Select were our contenders when we made our purchase but after comparing the weights and wheelbases the Uppababy Vista was the lightest at least 5-10 pounds lighter than all others (your back with thank you!), smallest wheelbase for easy strolling with 2 or more kids/groceries, it came with a bassinet (you pay for this extra with most others), and it comes with a skate for when the kids get older - we knew we'd have more than 1 child. The compact chicco car seat clicks in and out really easily while carrying the older child in the front. I had a hatchback Acura car so I had to get the most compact lightest stroller that will do 2 or more children.

It's not on your list but do check out the weights and wheelbase (this effects how much it weighs, how easy it is to turn & maneuver, and how compact it is in your car after folding). I also like the huge space below for carrying diaper bag, groceries etc. It's hard to get a small baby into a grocery cart so I always took a basket and put it in the space below. You can't fit a grocery basket in any of the others. Also, we live in Calgary and like to walk in snow or go to the mountains. The smaller the wheels the harder it is to wheel around bumps, Uppababy Vista has decent size wheels, a much smoother ride for baby and less of a hassle for mom.

These two strollers along with the City Select were our contenders when we made our purchase but after comparing the weights and wheelbases the Uppababy Vista was the lightest at least 5-10 pounds lighter than all others (your back with thank you!), smallest wheelbase for easy strolling with 2 or more kids/groceries, it came with a bassinet (you pay for this extra with most others), and it comes with a skate for when the kids get older - we knew we'd have more than 1 child. The compact chicco car seat clicks in and out really easily while carrying the older child in the front. I had a hatchback Acura car so I had to get the most compact lightest stroller that will do 2 or more children.

It's not on your list but do check out the weights and wheelbase (this effects how much it weighs, how easy it is to turn & maneuver, and how compact it is in your car after folding). I also like the huge space below for carrying diaper bag, groceries etc. It's hard to get a small baby into a grocery cart so I always took a basket and put it in the space below. You can't fit a grocery basket in any of the others. Also, we live in Calgary and like to walk in snow or go to the mountains. The smaller the wheels the harder it is to wheel around bumps, Uppababy Vista has decent size wheels, a much smoother ride for baby and less of a hassle for mom.

I will definitely check! only reason that i picked peg perego and britax, they are sold in Europe too and i can easly get my stroller there and make it a travel system.

If Britax is sold in Europe you'd think Uppababy would be too, they are pretty much in direct competition.

Just a FYI your Canadian carseat won't be legal to use in Europe as it has a chestclip.
We do have uppababy in the UK and assume the rest of Europe do too.

Just a FYI your Canadian carseat won't be legal to use in Europe as it has a chestclip.

omg thanks for telling me this! I really just assumed the car seat would be fine there but now that im reading about it, Canadian car seats would be illegal to use in Sweden:dohh: I donno what to do now, i need a car seat for 3 months here for sure.

omg thanks for telling me this! I really just assumed the car seat would be fine there but now that im reading about it, Canadian car seats would be illegal to use in Sweden:dohh: I donno what to do now, i need a car seat for 3 months here for sure.

Are you able to borrow one? Or like we did, bought one almost brand new. I know you're not meant to do that but this couple was only going to have 1 child, sold their car seat at 8 months after purchase and the warrantee was another 5 years. They claim it had been in no accidents and it looks absolutely perfect. We now have 3 diono seats that stretch across the middle seat of our SUV for all 3 babies but the chicco keyfit was a great little seat for the short time that we used it.

Are you able to borrow one? Or like we did, bought one almost brand new. I know you're not meant to do that but this couple was only going to have 1 child, sold their car seat at 8 months after purchase and the warrantee was another 5 years. They claim it had been in no accidents and it looks absolutely perfect. We now have 3 diono seats that stretch across the middle seat of our SUV for all 3 babies but the chicco keyfit was a great little seat for the short time that we used it.

I donno if i can borrow for couple months, gotta check and see who got infant car seat. DH said that we can buy something cheap but i dont feel comfortable putting my baby in a cheaply made car seat, low quality fabric touching his skin. Maybe i will get one of those car seat covers that are soft like blanket and out over it.

Now im confused. My plan was to have him in car seat up until the plane and gate check the car seat then carry him on ergo carrier after that point. So maybe im gonna have to put him in ergo to begin with and not take any stroller/car seat to our plane rides.

Or if you have a carrier, just wait to buy your stroller when you get into Europe. We really didn't get the stroller until DD was at least 3 months old. They're super light to carry. You will need a car seat of some sort but that's easy part if you're not trying to match it to a stroller. Many of my colleagues didn't buy a stroller at all, they have those mountaineering backpacks and carry their babies on those along with whatever else they need. Or just put them in the shopping cart. But when they're super young they're easy to carry. Make things easy on yourself, moving is hard enough xx

Or if you have a carrier, just wait to buy your stroller when you get into Europe. We really didn't get the stroller until DD was at least 3 months old. They're super light to carry. You will need a car seat of some sort but that's easy part if you're not trying to match it to a stroller. Many of my colleagues didn't buy a stroller at all, they have those mountaineering backpacks and carry their babies on those along with whatever else they need. Or just put them in the shopping cart. But when they're super young they're easy to carry. Make things easy on yourself, moving is hard enough xx

Thats why i was gonna just get car seat and use my carrier. Since the baby only be leaving the house for doc visits, i dont need stroller really.

Have you used jolly jumper car seat accessories? like head support or full cover? they seem cozy but might be too warm?

Thats why i was gonna just get car seat and use my carrier. Since the baby only be leaving the house for doc visits, i dont need stroller really.

Have you used jolly jumper car seat accessories? like head support or full cover? they seem cozy but might be too warm?

Our Chicco came with an insert that holds smaller babies in place (kind of a halo type of a thing around head & body if you know what I mean) and so did the Diono. I've been a little hesitant to use after market products that aren't designed specifically for the car seats. Being in Calgary it's bloody cold here but I always warmed the car before we left for anywhere and will do that with our new SUV too. You can't bundle them in massive bunting parkas either so the carry carseat cover was all we used to block the wind in & out of the car. Where are you? Does it get really cold there?

Jolly jumper head hugger is designed for car sears but also Jolly Jumper cuddle bag looks so cozy.

I live in Sask so it gets colder than Alberta, but last couple yrs it has been nice. Also my SUV has remote starter so i never feel cold since my only walk is couple steps that i take between my house and the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->