Pelvic floor!

wanting2bemum

Reaction score
Hiya everyone!

I had my daughter 8 weeks ago she was born vaginally with the help forceps and I also had an epesiotomy. She weighed 8lb 12oz and I am fairly pettite so she was big for me.

For the last few weeks I have been trying to do my pelvic floor exercises, however I saw the physio today and she's told me I am doing the exercises wrong and my pelvic floor is weak (but luckily I am not having any incontinence problems!). She said I am either clenching my glutes, my thighs or my stomach - basically everything I shouldn't be clenching. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong - has anyone got any advice?

Thanks!

Did you get a leaflet with info on how to do pelvic floors? Mine said to imagine stopping a poo, then as if you are stopping urinating and then drawing all those muscles up into your body....if that makes sense. I think sometimes it can be easy to clench other muscles...heck I've done it, but I sat and focused on the pelvic muscles and started slowly. Easier to do now.

Did the physio not describe how to do them?

I have been trying to do mine since I had my little boy 6 weeks ago and still don't know if I am doing them right. I was told to stop myself from peeing half way through and that is pelvic floor exercise. My midwife told me to only do this once to find out how to do the exercises. I have done this but my midwife said I need to 'hold it' for 10 seconds which is impossible... I can manage 1 second.. 2 at the most :/

My leaflet said not to stop urine flow! I was doing it but apparently it can increase your risk of UTIs. I still do it every now and then tho to see how well I can hold it...it is a good way of telling how your pelvic floors are doing, just not the way to exercise them.

Would be nice if every woman could be given a machine to tone them up for us :p

put your finger into your vagina and squeeze! if your feelit tighten around your finger,that the right muscle. maybe buy some vaginal cones? you place them inside and grip around them ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->