Pelvic Pain

SweetV

mom & parl
Reaction score
I'm 24 weeks and over the last few days I'm in so much pain it hurts to walk. It feels, for lack of a better description, that I have been kicked in the groin. I brought it to a doctors attention today and he said that it was due to me having back to back pregnancies and that the only relief will be delivery. I don't think I can handle this until February. I've never felt this before does anybody have any suggestions for relief? Has anybody had pregnancies close together and felt this way?

When you say groin you don't happen to mean your pubic bone area do you?? I have been having horrible pain right in the middle of my pubic bone. It literally feels like someone cracked me there with a 7 iron. My midwife said it's part of SPD and there is little I can do about it. Apparently the ligaments and joints are separating and inflamed. She mentioned there is some kind of medical underwear that can offer some support ... 🙄 I'm due in February as well and I'm hoping it doesn't get progressively worse, because as it is right now it interferes with lots of day to day things I want to do. Sorry you're in so much discomfort... hope it eases off! 🌸

I've got horrendous pain and clicking too in my hips and groin !!
I struggle moving once am.on couch or bed it's my 4th pregnancy too so am guessing it's due to that I did get a similar feeling but much later in my 2nd preg like 38 weeks and it just started around 32 weeks last time.but gave birth at 33 weeks this time it's started around 20 weeks properly and it's getting worse x

I had pelvic pain last time and it started around 25wks. Mine weren't back to back as they were 3 years apart so I don't think that is the problem.

If you look up SPD you may be able to get some tips on how to manage it and things you can do to not aggravate it.

I'm hoping to avoid it this time so I have been trying to remember a few things like keeping my legs together when I get in the car and sitting down to put my pants on. I have only had a little bit of the pain so far so I'm hoping that following the tips and the fact I weigh less than last time will help.

When this happened with me I started seeing a chiropractor again

When you say groin you don't happen to mean your pubic bone area do you?? I have been having horrible pain right in the middle of my pubic bone. It literally feels like someone cracked me there with a 7 iron. My midwife said it's part of SPD and there is little I can do about it. Apparently the ligaments and joints are separating and inflamed. She mentioned there is some kind of medical underwear that can offer some support ... 🙄 I'm due in February as well and I'm hoping it doesn't get progressively worse, because as it is right now it interferes with lots of day to day things I want to do. Sorry you're in so much discomfort... hope it eases off! 🌸

That's exactly it. It feels like the bone is cracked. They told me to get a band around the stomach but I wasn't sure how that would help if the pain is elsewhere. Have you tried the underwear?

As you told that you experienced the pelvic pain during your first baby. There are chances that you might be suffering from symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD), which is the condition resulting from relaxed and flexible ligaments which normally maintain the pelvic joint aligned. Kegel exercise and also pelvic tilts will greatly help to strengthen muscles in that area which can give you some relief. And also take rest standing on feet 12.5 hours a day is not good in this period. Avoid rapid movements, or lots of bending. And sleep on a firm mattress. Join yoga classes it will help you to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->