Pelvic Ultrasound

tverb84

Reaction score
On Monday I have a doctor's appointment for pelvic ultrasound to see if I'm having any blood clots during my periods. Has anyone had a pelvic ultrasound before? What should I expect to happen?

If it's anything like a transvaginal ultrasound, they lube up a wand-shaped device and insert it down there. I normally find pap smears to be uncomfortable, but had no problem with the two transvaginal ultrasounds I had during pregnancy.

Hope you get the results you're looking for!

I've read online that pelvic and transvaginal ultrasounds are different than each other. Maybe it's different here in Canada?

I went in for a pelvic ultrasound and the technician asked me if I would be okay with also doing transvaginal. I figured I'd rather do it than wait for another appointment and it was not bad. Basically looks like a weird sex toy but you know it's not as fun, then it's covered with a big condom like cover. The technician was very gentle and the best thing you can do is relax your pelvic muscles and breathe. Honestly the part with the wand on the abdomen was more uncomfortable because she had to press so firmly to get the images.

I've had both and they were fine, if you get a transvaginal one just remember to wear nice pants lol.

It's more embarrassing than anything but they do it every day so nothing new to them.

Did any of you ladies need to have a full bladder? I've read on different websites that you need a full bladder.

Yeah I think they said something like don't void for 1-2 hours before appointment or something. Then they got me to empty my bladder before the transvaginal part, thank goodness.

So today I didn't get the ultrasound today because I had to make the appointment for it. I'm getting it done next Thursday at 3pm and it does say on the paper I got that my bladder does have to be full.

The only time that I have ever had ultrasounds was while I was pregnant with DS. I had three, one transvaginal and two abdominal. I did not need a full bladder for any of them, but I'm sure that it depends on the place and the person performing the ultrasound. I would recommend a transvaginal for your case though as it will be more comfortable for you and easier for them to get the images they need of your uterus. As someone else described it looks like a weird sex toy with a gelly condom and they put lots of ultrasound gel on it. You barely feel it in there. Good luck with your appointment next Thursday! :thumbup:

Thanks. On the form it says transabdominal ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->