• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pelvis pain still :-(

HayleyJJ

Reaction score
I had my lo 19 days ago via c section and my pelvis is still so sore woke up like I been kicked in it so sore anyone else is this?

I still can't sleep on my side as its so painful I hope I'm not left like this forever I cannot slp on my back forever or be in this pain

Any comments welcome thanks xxx

I still have pelvis pain!

I can sleep fine but turning over and if I walk too far I get really bad pain in my groin it is agony. I've also found that if I sit too long then get up it takes a while before the pain eases! I had a difficult birth (shoulder distotia) so had my legs pulled wide open and my knees round my ears for a while then I was in stirrups in theatre for almost two after so I'm guessing that didn't help it is getting better though! My LO was born 19 days ago too! August 19th!

Hey hayley, it took me 5 weeks after my section to be able to lay on my side. Some pelvis pain and some from my section. My pelvis still hurts and i have trouble sitting in certain positions and i have to say my ds is 3 and even before getting pregnant with baby my hip would go weird if I sat cross legged x

I had SPD during my pregnancy and also had an emergency c-section. It took me at least 5 weeks to be able to comfortably shift position at night. I still had a fair bit of hip and back pain which meant I was uncomfortable on my side and even on my back for too long. It's now been 9 weeks since my section and I feel completely back to normal. Give it a bit more time :thumbup:

Thank you al so much there's hope for me yet ����

Mine has eased up a lot. I couldn't walk after birth but now I only really get it if I've walked up hill for too long. I'm starting to be able to lie on my side but I've been able to lie on my stomach for quite a while. I'm off to see the physio on Wednesday to see if she can give me some exercises to help me strengthen the ligaments.

I had spd (no section) and my pelvis is still sore 5 weeks on. I've referred myself to physio & they're sending me to a Pilates class to strengthen the muscles :)

I had SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) whilst pregnant - not sure if you had similar, but it sounds like it.

Anyway, my Bub is 10 and a half weeks old and I still get the odd bit of pain, but it's extremely mild now.
For me, it probably started improving around 8 weeks, and I really attribute the improvement to starting back up excercise (particularly core workouts) and yoga at 6 weeks - when I first started yoga again, some of the moves were uncomfortable in the pubic bone area, but now 4 weeks on I barely notice it.

I imagine the pain will subside over time for you, but I really recommend doing some core training and stretching if you can to speed things up.

Thanks ladies any sites u recommend for core training?

Google the tupler technique. It's very basic & simple but my physio recommended it up to 6 weeks and the Pilates afterwards. I'll add a link if I can fine one...

Google the tupler technique. It's very basic & simple but my physio recommended it up to 6 weeks and the Pilates afterwards. I'll add a link if I can fine one...

Ok - this is talking about diastasis recti (which I also have :( ). But basically my physio reckons pelvic pain is increased with a weak core & so this helps your tummy & your pelvis. Win-win I'd say!!

Scroll down to the image surrounded by a pink border. It has 6 basic exercises - tbh I only do the first two regularly - but I am getting some relief.

https://thelifeinbloom.com/tag/diastasis-recti/

Hate to be a downer but my pelvic pain persisted until 6 months (but progressively got better over time). Mainly bothered me at nighttime and I did a lot of tossing & turning. You still have the hormone relaxin in your body until roughly 6 months postpartum so my MD said it was perfectly normal :thumbup: awesome! Haha.

Mines eased a lot now just waiting to try sleeping on my side x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->