Pen pals?

Nona

Ronnie my beautiful boy
Reaction score
I've recently been thinking about getting myself a pen pal, I have never done this before but the idea of getting to know someone who's life could possibly be the polar opposite of mine is really appealing to me, I'm very inquisitive and interested in other peoples way of life, interests and hobbies.

My worry is that on the pen pal websites I have looked at, how do you know the people are actually who they say they are?

I thought to post on here as I used this site while TTC, through my pregnancy and on and off since my son was born in 2012.

If any mummy's are interested in becoming a pen pal, and having a giggle while sharing life and parenting experiences, I'm very laid back, open minded and fun, (without sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet)

I'm 25 and my son will be 2 next week, I have been with my OH for 3 years (do the math we wasn't together very long before I found out I was with child) lol since then however we are happily engaged.

I would love a pen pal! I had one when i was about ten and we wrote for a couple of years before it taylored off. My lo is almost 18 months and me and OH are getting married in July. Im 24 and currently doing my PGCE and have just taken a job teaching in a college in Chester.

I'd love one! I had one when I was around 11/12 and I now write and send stuff back and forth to my best friend in Australia :D

Hey ladies thanks for replying! :happydance:

@missk1989 what is it you teach? I've only ever been to Chester once which was to visit a friend that was at uni there, it was a beautiful place from what I remember of it, ( there was quite a lot of alcohol involved in that trip) lol.

Do you have a son or a daughter? I have a very wilful little boy.

How are you doing with the planning of your upcoming nuptials, have you found it stressful at all?

@lauraxamy

Hi I also have a friend that moved to Australia, we had been friends since we were 6 and she left a couple of years ago, we too keep in touch via whatsapp and such, she never got to meet my son so I keep her updated with photos etc.....

Do you have children or are you TTC?

My email is [email protected] is you want to reply through that instead of through the thread

Toni xx

That's what we do, send photos and stuff :) would be so lovely to go over there and visit some day!
I have two LO's, my daughter is almost is four and my son is almost two and a half
:flower:

Ahh it's nice to have one of each, would you like to have anymore? I'm planning on having another in the next year or so, when Ronnie starts nursery so that I can have the same time with the second that I have had with him. He's really in to peppa pig and charlie and Lola and the moment along with toy story which he's obsessed with. My sister is due in May with her 3rd, her youngest is 4 days younger then my son and I also have another sister who daughter was born an hour after mine. It was all go that day lol. Do your children have favourite programs that they drive you mad with?

Xx

I have a little boy. He is just starting to put names to animals and the noises they make. Its really funny to watch "pig OINK OINK" when peppa pig comes on! I teach Functional skills maths and english. Its really good but im still doing my pgce whilst i teach and have about 6000 words to write in the next 2 weeks along side planning, teaching and marking. Its so much work. The wedding hasnt been that stressful apart from trying to coordinate getting everyone together to do things.
Have you set a date yet?

Don't you just love peppa pig! Lol my boy loves it. How are you finding your studying? I've always wanted to study again, I'm really interested on genealogy and have looked into doing a home course for it. I bet you hardly get a minute to yourself with everything you have going on, I find it's bliss just to be able to have a bath by myself and wash my hair lol

Were still saving at the moment, we moved into our first home when Ronnie was 3 months so all our money went into furnishing and decorating it along with everything we needed for our buba. Now that we have it relatively how we want it we have started putting away for our wedding again.

Xx

Im struggling a little with my course at the minute as there are loads of assignments and no time to do them. My partner works saturdays so i have Isaac all day by myself and sundays are the only family day we get at the minute which means nothing gets done at the weekends. It just leaves evenings and lunch breaks at work really. I have most of my work due in over the next weeks so can relax a bit then. The social side is great though so i would definitley reccomend an actual class if possible. If you have to get a degree then students finance pay 85%of childcare fees which is a massive help! Have you looked into the training?

I've just done some online research for the home courses there isn't that many of them and they are quite expensive. I've been doing my family tree for a while now and really enjoy doing it, so much so that I've started looking into my MIL tree for her.

Do you have any family or friends that are close who could give you a bit of a break so that you could get your head stick into one of your assignments for an hour at least?

It must be quite difficult for u at times juggling so much, but it's really good that your doing what you want to do, teaching is such a fantastic job where you get to help mould the next generation, it's a shame that now days a lot of teachers don't get the credit they are due. I'm sure you have a few students that are a pain in the arse. Lol I used to work as a school receptionist in my old primary school which is now an academy, my mum also works there as a data manager. Some of the children were an absolute joy when they came down for one reason or another and some of them were horrible lol

Xx

My OH is having lo for a couple of hours tomorrow so i can get a bit done (happy mothers day to me lol) and i got quite a bit done whne he napped today. Alot of my students just dont turn up which is my main problem lol. Because its functional skills and they are made to do it as part of their apprenticeships, they dont want to be there. Its still a good job though. I have never even considered doing my family tree. Did it take you long?

It has taken awhile but only because I've been doing it on and off, I started when I was pregnant and on maternity leave to fill in my days instead of just sitting in front of the telly eating gherkins. I used the genes reunited website you have to pay a subscription but it's interesting as they have the census's so you can see what jobs they did etc...

Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow, hope your LOs get you something nice.

I'll be at my mums for dinner with a joint effort going into the cooking with my sister, then down to my mother in law so she can see Ronnie.

Good luck with the work hope you get a fair bit done then treat yourself to a nice bath lol

X

It has taken awhile but only because I've been doing it on and off, I started when I was pregnant and on maternity leave to fill in my days instead of just sitting in front of the telly eating gherkins. I used the genes reunited website you have to pay a subscription but it's interesting as they have the census's so you can see what jobs they did etc...

Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow, hope your LOs get you something nice.

I'll be at my mums for dinner with a joint effort going into the cooking with my sister, then down to my mother in law so she can see Ronnie.

Good luck with the work hope you get a fair bit done then treat yourself to a nice bath lol

X

You too. Have a good day.

Hey,

How was your Mother's Day?

Did you get much work done?

Ahh it's nice to have one of each, would you like to have anymore? I'm planning on having another in the next year or so, when Ronnie starts nursery so that I can have the same time with the second that I have had with him. He's really in to peppa pig and charlie and Lola and the moment along with toy story which he's obsessed with. My sister is due in May with her 3rd, her youngest is 4 days younger then my son and I also have another sister who daughter was born an hour after mine. It was all go that day lol. Do your children have favourite programs that they drive you mad with?

Xx

I don't have an OH right now and I couldn't afford child care for three LO's, so not for a long time :lol:
Yeah that's nice, that's only 18 months between my two so it's all fun and games!
Oh I have some Peppa Pig fans here too, and Minnie Mouse. My son is obsessed with the Disney movie, Cars. He must watch it 3-4 times a day!
That must be nice for your LO to have lots of little friends to play with, none of my siblings have children yet.
Hope you had a lovely Mothers Day!

Hi lauraxamy,

I did have a nice hope you did too,

I have toy story on a couple of times a day too, thank god there is 3 of them so I can change it up a bit. Ronnie gets on well and plays nicely with my niece Amber-Rae but is not really a fan of his cousin Teddie, he can be a bit boisterous for my son as he's the only other one with a sibling and used to a bit of rough and tumble. Ronnie seems to prefer older children and adults, hopefully that will change when he starts nursery.

He has been in a right mood today, hopefully he wakes up in a better mood tomorrow, it's his birthday on Wednesday so that day will more then likely be hectic, with him being spoilt rotten by his grandparents. I've been trying to look for a toy story birthday cake but haven't found one anywhere and have left it too late to have one made, typical me!

How do your LOs get on being so close in age, I always wanted to have my children close in age as I wanted them to have a close bond, but after having a really bad labour and birth I was a bit scared to do it again so soon. There are quite big age gaps between me and my four sisters, so we have only really formed closer relationships as we have gotten older.

X

We had a lovely day. went out for breakfast amd played in the park late afternoon. Poor Isaac really wanted to play with the other kids but they were alot older than him and kept running off. :cry:
I wish he had some cousins but it doesnt look like he will any time soon so we will just have to get him a sibling!:haha:
Did you get anything nice?

Lol siblings are better then cousins :thumbup:

I got a lovely card, a special box with hand picked sweets and chocolate covered raisins etc... My mother in law got me a lovely bunch of daffodils and tulips too.

We had a nice day up until my brother in law was involved in a motorbike accident, luckily he just has bruising but it could have been a lot worse.

Glad you had a nice day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"