Penicillin

lauren-kate

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on how to get Ryan to take penicillin? He has it in the liquid form from powder - orange stuff. The nurse said to hold his head back and squirt it onto the back of his tongue, but he won't even open his mouth, won't even scream - it really smells. Tried mixing it with yogurt but it smells so much, he won't even open his mouth, and just makes there more to get down him.

He has tonsillitis, had to take him to children's emergency department last night because his temp kept going up to 38.9c :(

Can you tempt him with something nice and as he opens his mouth quickly squirt it in? Other than that I don't know, it must get harder the older they get.

instead of putting it at the back of his tounge the nurse told me to put it at the back of his mouth n squirt it so it hits his cheeck at the back this way he cant spit it out
hope this helps hun x

could you mix it with something to make popsicles??? I've never had issues with OH's oldest giving us problems over taking meds sorry I can't be more help

Have you got a syringe? Maybe try with that :)

Yep, I do it with a syringe. I'm just struggling with the logistics of; holding him, getting him to open his mouth, keeping him still, getting the medicine in, getting it to stay in. It's a lot easier when someone else is helping me, but I'm finding it hard to do alone. I'm going to have to get it right on my own - he needs it 4 times a day for another 6 days. I'm worried that he won't be getting enough of it to get him better :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->