People that bath with their LOs?

S

Serene123

Do you use baby wash stuff or regular? Does regular not irritate their skin, soap etc, if it gets in the bath? I'm so afraid to take Caitlyn in with me as I have eczema and she's prone to sensitive skin.

When i bath with Caitlyn, i go in with plain water no soap in it and just use her normal baby products. I usually go in the bath with her for fun rather than anything else so once she is all played out and washed, we get out.

xxx

Mikey has eczema so I only bath him 3 times a week so I don't dry his skin out too much.

But if I share a bath with him I use the baby products so that he wont get harmed by anything.

When i bath with Caitlyn, i go in with plain water no soap in it and just use her normal baby products. I usually go in the bath with her for fun rather than anything else so once she is all played out and washed, we get out.

xxx

I do the same. I only use Johnsons Bath time stuff to wash her and her hair and occasionally put Johnsons bedtime bath which makes bubbles which she loves playing in. She has quite dry sensitive skin so I don't use normal products as I don't want the chemicals to dry it out any more or cause any problems

I to have eczema when im in bath with my LO i only use baby bed time bath stuff :D x

My LO is 3 now and i still bath with her about once every 2 weeks. We use her bubble bath (E45) as she has eczema. When she was alot younger we just used water and a tiny amount of her own body wash for her hair (from doc)

have you tried oilatum junior? we use it to bath Bella is sensitive to johnson's and its a wash as well as an additive for the bath. You just add 2 capfuls to the water and then you can clean her with it. Would be suitable for your eczema as thats what its designed for and would be ok with her sensitivity. its about £5 from chemists for a fairly big bottle.

I only use baby stuff. If she has dry skin, you might not want to even use Johnson's. Do you have Aveeno over there? They have a skin care line that is very nice. Miel has a GREAT line of baby stuff at her shop that I've been using on Bella. She might be able to send you some.

https://www.weleda.co.uk/categories/name/baby-care

Samantha675 recommended this to me. Her midwife suggested it to her, and I LOVE THIS STUFF. I was bathing DD about 2 times a week before... her skin was SO dry. But with this stuff (a little goes a LONG way) I can bathe baby at least once a day. And she stays nice and hydrated... Just what a baby should feel like.

I thikn their baby line is very similar to their adult line, and both are approved for eczema use.

Did I mention I LOVE THIS STUFF?

:hug:

have you tried oilatum junior? we use it to bath Bella is sensitive to johnson's and its a wash as well as an additive for the bath. You just add 2 capfuls to the water and then you can clean her with it. Would be suitable for your eczema as thats what its designed for and would be ok with her sensitivity. its about £5 from chemists for a fairly big bottle.

You can this of your doctor too :p i have the adult version of it

You can this of your doctor too :p i have the adult version of it

Yeah, i get this off my doctor for both me and Caitlyn as she has dry skin and i have eczema

xx

Bethanie has Oilatum bath oil and use Johnsons baby soap on her, she can't use many Johnsons products (apart from the shampoo).
I don't use my products if she is in the bath with me. She also has some 'Little me' organic bath bubbles, so I use that too.

i used to go in with him with just plain water or a little johnsons baby bath.
now i go in with him with the matey bubble bath. its for kids, and its good for sensitive skin, (its the kids bubble bath in a bottle shaped liek a sailor with a face and everything lol)...im not yet sure if i use the matey for him or me yet though haha. I love the smell and the massive amount of bubbles haha :blush:

I put Bennetts Aqueous Bath Drops in the water and bathe him with Elizabeth Anne's Pediatric Moisturizing Bath Wash. He does not have eczema however Bennetts is great for that too.I would bathe first and when I'm ready my husband would bring Skyler and I would wash him and then let him splash a bit in the water. We bathe together about once a week. The other times he is in his little bathtub. He really loves bathing!

https://www.bennettsforbabies.co.za/Products.html#hrefTop

I cant use Johnsons products on Dec his skin is to sensitive, we have to use Oilatum all the time, my doc told me that Johns. products are very harsh and recommended Tescos own brand, I now use the Tescos shampoo and great no sclap flare-up . I also have to smother him in Diprobase after every bath.

I have tried this and it's great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->