people who have had a c sestion due to breech/transverse laying

snoopchick82

Reaction score
How long did they leave u for im seeing my consultant on 15 th april which is 12 days before my due date... Just wondering how long they leave u...
I dont wanna go into labour then hve to have an emergency c section

Normally at around 39 weeks I believe.

I had one for breach positioning and a high-risk pregnancy (pre-eclampsia and such) with DS1 and I had it at 39+1, it was going to be 39 weeks but it was a bank holiday. DS2 is currently breach and I am guessing if he still is at my 36 week scan I will be booked in at around 39 weeks again.

I had my dd 11 years ago by c section as she was breech at 38+2

I think it was in the last few years that they changed it from 38 to 39 because new research suggested there was less issues with breathing difficulties after 39 weeks. I am not 100% sure though.

I'm booked in for 39 wks for a section due to breech and low lying placenta..x

My son was a c-section at 39+1 and if this babe doesn't turn she'll be a c-section around the same time. With my son they gave me the option of going into labor first but I decided if I was going to have surgery I wanted to know exactly when it was so I could be fully prepared.

Here they wait til the 39th week for planned csections, unless there is something wrong. My SIL had her planned repeat section at 37 weeks but she had gestational diabetes and incompetent cervix. Baby was ok but some babies have issues that early.

Have you tried the exercises on spinning babies? They worked for me (though I'm not as far as you are) . I hope you don't have to have a c section if you don't want one.

I'm so glad some1 asked this (sneezed over from 2nd tri) my baby has ages to turn yet but he's been footling breech since 12 weeks so I'm not holding out much hope of him turning to be honest :-( I had a really quick labour with my son of 3hrs so was hoping I could just do the same but I'm not hopefully, Iv been doing the exercises already but to no avail and I'm also limited as I had bad spd, I need to use crutches so I can't do the whole "walking helps them turn" thing!

The thought of a c section alone scares the crap out of me, as I had a Lumber puncture done for suspected meningitis at 9 weeks and ended up with severe spinal headaches that no pain killer would touch!! It's sad that this headache is the only thing that scares me but I can't go through the double headaches again not with a newborn :-( they will have to knock me out :-(

So it's 39 weeks they do a section then? Xxx

Ive tried spinning babies and walking bouncy and i got a feeling she has moved from transverse to breech... My biggest fear is them.leaving me too long i go into natural labour and then having to be put to sleep thru a c section i would rather be awake thru it all..

My baby is currently in transverse position, but I am already set up for my 5th c-section. It isn't recommended here in the US to do c-section before 39 weeks anymore- My first 3 babies were born via c-section right at 38 weeks...then they changed the law on it, so baby number #4 was scheduled at 39 weeks, and I went into labor with her on my own right at 38 weeks. I was scared the whole time having it be a 4th c-section due to the concern of uterine rupture the whole time...and am facing that fear again for this 5th c-section.

My doctors just keep saying to come in as soon as I go into labor. I am sure that I will go into labor before my c-section date again, as is my doctor, but they still won't do the c/s any sooner. I would talk to your doctor about your concern. Unless you have incredibly fast labors, you should be able to make it in on time to have an unplanned, but non-emergency c-section. (As far as being knocked out entirely...with my last baby I waited way too long before going in, by the time they started the c-section my contractions were less than a minute apart and I was feeling pressure- the spinal that they give you for the c-sections is usually pretty quick at numbing up your lower half, it didn't quite work that way for me on the last c-section, but they still didn't knock me out completely, they kept me pretty drugged up).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->