People's labels :(

feeble

Mummy21andcookingNo2
Reaction score
Sorry, pissed off and wanted some support but dunno where this should go!

Today I have been mightily upset by some comments regarding 'what is a woman' and people suggesting that we 'embrace curvy women and do away with flat chested none women!'

Now I am sorry, but how does bring thin, make you Less of a woman???

I am a big Girl and I was told that people who are overweight should 'seek psychological help for their issues' but that curvy is 'great'

So, if your too big, your not good enough to be classified as a 'woman' and if your too small your also not a 'woman'

Who are these people making these wide assumptions about the rest of the world? How dare they?

Grrrrrr

I've given up worrying about labels for women. You can never please everyone and most of the time people only say nasty things people because they're jealous.

I'm a bigger girl too...put on too much weight in the last 5 or so years! But at one time, I was considered "curvy". Do I feel less a woman now? No, but God I hate the pressures of being perfect and the Hollywood obsession. GRRRRRR sorry, just hits a strong nerve xx

thats the thing, the woman who started this tirade is a size 10 and a 30ff

she knows FULL WELL that all the 'flat chested' girls look at her thinking 'i wish i had shape like her' and all the 'fat women' think 'oh i would love to be that size'

and yet she says something like that!

grrr

Dont get upset over it chick, I am one of those ladies who isnt classed as a woman because I am skinny, I have always been a size 8 and have no boobs at all, people assume I starve myself to be skinny when actually I would give my right arm to have curves and boobs. I used to worry about it and I used to cry when people made comments about how my husband couldnt be happy hugging a skeleton and how he needs to meat to hold onto, but now I just shrug it off. x

your hubby's obviously satisfied hun, you keep makin babies by the looks of things ;)

this is exactly it, it shouldnt be a narrow 'view' of what is 'right' or 'wrong'

i am tempted to reply with

'i think that people who spend all day thinking about image at the detriment to the rest of life need some psychological help'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->