peppa pig..too girly?

hiphophooray

Reaction score
DS just turned 3, he LOVES peppa pig. Its definitely his favorite show. He has both peppa pig and George small plush toys, but for Christmas I want to get him some more peppa pig toys. I was thinking the peppa playhouse since he already has the figurines, and OH hesitantly agreed. When I brought up a peppa doctor set OH said no way because it looks pink & purple and he said that was way too girly and peppa pig is for girls not boys. I have to respect my OH and not get "too girly" items, which it seems that most peppa items are specified for girls (at least here in the states they are) I also wanted to get him new bedding for his new bed with peppa on it but they all seem to be pink or only George, and I really think he'd want Peppa on it too not just George. I need some ideas on more "boyish" peppa pig items, so I can make everyone happy! Also ones i can purchase online but in the states, I see a ton of peppa items in the UK online stores but that doesn't help me here! Unless of course they can be shipped here for not a ridiculous shipping price. Thanks!

I don't think it's girly and if it's what you know you're son would love I'd definitely go ahead and get it.
Think your hubby is being a tad silly your son only 3 so doesn't really understand or care about the difference between boy and girl toys he just likes peppa pig that simple.
I got my wee boy the playmobil horse stables which you could probably class as more aimed at girls I couldn't give a hoot he likes horses we regularly walk to the fields to see them so he'll enjoy the toy
Xx

I don't mind my son having pink things but it really annoys me that peppa pig things for boys are usually just george! Boys like peppa too!

My son has the peppa doctors set and peppa pig bedding in yellow. Very hard to find! I dont care what colour things are. My MIL said she had to talk him out of a pink sketch pad and got him blue instead. I would have let him have it...he even goes to ballet. How about the camping set? It is more "boyish".

My son was into peppa last year and I just went with it, like you I did have oh saying it was a bit girly but ds didn't care, I got them anyway and when dh saw how happy he was he didn't say another word. My family got the DVDs, dinner sets, blow up chair, easel and he'll no doubt be having a play with all the players we have for dd now she's into it. Men can be a little funny about gender stereotype toys but I'd honestly just get some bits you know he'll love and dh will likely come round. How about getting plain bedding in a different colour and the iron on transfers? X

My three yr old boy loves peppa pig and has lots of peppa stuff. It is perceived as girlie but she's a pink girl so it's very stereotypical 🙊
Do you have the once upon a time range there? Santa is bringing this
https://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/4048604/searchTerm/Once+upon.htm
My ds thinks it's George's dinosaur. I know he'll love it.

I think rather than trying to find more 'boyish' Peppa Pig items it might be more productive working on your OH's attitude as this will likely crop up again and again. Toys are for children not for boys or girls.

They have loads of Peppa Pig toys at my son's school (special needs school so they have loads of toys in general). All the children play with them, my son likes the house and furniture.

With regard to getting Peppa Pig things in the US have you tried ordering from Amazon UK? I order from Amazon US all the time and shipping is very reasonable. I do benefit though from things being generally cheaper in America so you are likely to find the toys are quite expensive compared to American prices but you would have more choice.

My son loves peppa pig too. It was actually my MUM that said peppa pig was for girls! I sent her the link to the wobbly car for her to buy him, and she replied basically saying what the hell is that, it's for girls. I'm getting it myself instead.
I've also got him jumping in muddy puddles peppa, George and peppa teddies l, Rebecca rabbit and Zoe zebra teddies and the playhouse with figures.
I don't know how a cartoon can be girly. I did wonder after my mum said it if I shouldn't buy them, but why on earth not? Rio likes it and I know he will have hours of fun with the toys, why should I care about anything other than that?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ig+weebles&dpPl=1&dpID=41V7fDcMraL&ref=plSrch how about this. When lo was at nursery the boys played with the peppa pig stuff as much as the girls, is there a particular reason other than colour your oh thinks girly. Mind you I say this when one of sons presents is a bright pink picnic set and a dolls house and my daughter has a lunch box which is suposidly for boys as myself and dh never did gendered stuff lol, I do know alot of my friends husbands seem to have a panic attack if there sons ever remotly play with something pink

Thank you everyone! As crazy as it sounds, I think it is because my OH's brother is transgender, and alwast preferred "girly" items.. its been really hard for his brother because of bullying. He is afraid if we let him play with "girly" items then it'll make it easier for him to get bullied as he's older. I am working on it with him which is why he finally agreed on the playhouse, bu he is very stuck in his ways. My dad was really agaisnt us playing with toy guns but I have given in to that so I hope OH will see where I am coming from and this isnt a battle he feels super strongly about since DS loves peppa. We are expecting a girl in March and I feel like DS will be playing with her toys with her so its going to happen eventually! I honestly will probably just say "it was such a good deal I couldnt pass it up" and then he will see how much DS loves the toy and be OK with it. we got DS an easy bake oven for christmas which is purple and OH loves it and cant wait to bake with him, I honestly think he just really doesnt like pink! He doesnt care if we get peppa books or certain toys so I know he is getting there. I am going to take a look at Amazin UK but I think I am just going to go ahead and buy what I like and think DS will like, and then work on showing DH its not "too girly" for the next couple months until Christmas. He also has a couple other things he loves besides peppa so I will definitely do a good mix a "boy ish"toys to go along with a few "girly ones" :haha:

I have daughters although we are anti pink lol. There are a few things we have that I think aren't as girly (we have loads)

Peppa pig fun in the park play set (comes with duck pond, train and see saw)
Peppa pig helter skelter
Peppa pig classroom set

We are also getting the peppa pig construction sets (like duplo)

I've noticed the boys stuff tends to focus more around George though, we have both.

There are also tons and tons of books.

Laying off peppa here now, we are all peppered out ha ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"