• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Period after 3-4 years of amenorrhea???

LaurenM.

Reaction score
Hello BnB. Long time no see. It's taken me a long time to grieve my miscarriage but I think I'm finally ready to be back.

My question is ... I haven't gotten a period (unless medically induced) since 2010. In June of this year I quit my full time, 60 hr a week, high stress job, to stay at home with our 5 year old (I have secondary infertility). I got a very light period. No pads or tampons needed. But for a full 5 days. In July, I was going for a ride with my husband and complaining of stomach pain. My husband commented that what I was describing sounded like the pain I had during ovulation while on fertility treatments. A light bulb clicked on. He was right. I went home and did an OPK and sure enough. I hadn't ever gotten a line that dark on my own. No pregnancy but at least my body was doing what it was supposed to do! I got another period. No ov pains with that one but today I got another. These two were about 40 days apart. The one that I ovulated with was 28 days right on the money.
My question is, how is this possible? Nothing in my life has changed. I'm the same weight. Eat the same. Less stress but not THAT much. Could this mean my fertility is returning? I want to be hopeful, but I'm so confused. Has this happened to anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->