Period back 4 1/2 weeks PP - anyone else?

SisterRose

mummy to 3 monkeys
Reaction score
I started feeling like I was going to get a period a week or so ago thinking back on it. I even said to OH that I felt like I was going to have one. All the symptoms: Bloating, moody, really hungry! feeling like I look crappy, anxiety and edgy. I was still bleeding a tiny bit brown from birth but didnt need any pads for over a week now, maybe a bit longer but yesterday started bleeding bright red again, and today it is heavier but not that bad. It's lighter so far than my usual periods but still time yet if it is my period just returning!

ANyone else get this, or should I be worried about bleeding red again 4 weeks PP?

Im not breastfeeding, I was combi feeding for the first 2 weeks but nothing major. A few ounces of breast milk a day.

And I feel fine other wise :shrug: I am crampy as well, like mild period cramps and havent had that with PP bleeding since after pains went on day 3-4.

Well I thought I was getting my period. It was there twice when I wiped. But then went brown. Now nothing :/ very weird! I'm hoping it's not implantation! We had a oops! Lol. Not that it would be a problem but never planned them this close lol x

It's quite hard to say. I thought the sane thing a while ago, pretty sure I was 4ish weeks pp too. My pp blessing stopped for two days, then came back and since it was red and heavier than the past few weeks, I thought it was my period. A lady on here said unlikely. Your lining has to go through the whole cycle process (thickening and all that) in order for you to get your period. I was having symptoms as well but when I thought about it, what she said made sense. When did your lochia stop? It could be possible since you're not ebf, however lochia does stick around annoyingly. Going away, coming back, repeat, repeat.
My bleeding has only just turned back to brown now at 7 1/2 weeks pp. See how long it sticks around but if it hasn't been enough time for your lining to rebuild, i would say, it's that pesky lochia xox
Gemstone, I asked my midwife the other day as I thought of your post. She said that for the first few cycles you're likely to not ovulate. That whole you're extra fertile after birth, most of the time, is baloney. Of course there are women out there that it happens to but it's not a commom thing :)

Yes, probably still lochia. I bled steadily till 5 weeks pp, then it came back (red) at 6. Went away and returned sporadically at 7 weeks and finally petered out at a yellowy-cream colour at 8 weeks pp. Nothing since and I am now 14 weeks pp. I have been having a bit of cramping, so I keep expecting it, but nothing yet. I can't BF so it's been all formula all the time for two babies. Even without having BF it took 4 months for my period to return after my first child. Then there are women who EBF and get their period at 6 weeks pp. It really varies. Sorry for the "non" answer!

It's quite hard to say. I thought the sane thing a while ago, pretty sure I was 4ish weeks pp too. My pp blessing stopped for two days, then came back and since it was red and heavier than the past few weeks, I thought it was my period. A lady on here said unlikely. Your lining has to go through the whole cycle process (thickening and all that) in order for you to get your period. I was having symptoms as well but when I thought about it, what she said made sense. When did your lochia stop? It could be possible since you're not ebf, however lochia does stick around annoyingly. Going away, coming back, repeat, repeat.
My bleeding has only just turned back to brown now at 7 1/2 weeks pp. See how long it sticks around but if it hasn't been enough time for your lining to rebuild, i would say, it's that pesky lochia xox
Gemstone, I asked my midwife the other day as I thought of your post. She said that for the first few cycles you're likely to not ovulate. That whole you're extra fertile after birth, most of the time, is baloney. Of course there are women out there that it happens to but it's not a commom thing :)

I fell pregnant just 2weeks after a Mc before (4weeks pregnant) they told me it was still hormones after being 3months preg. But nope it was my lillie-may. Also my mw told me your more fertile after giving birth than before. I am not bf. So my periods could come straight back. My lochia stop just 8days after giving birth. Was gone for ages. Then I stopped one day twice. Then nothing since. Also a friend of mine has 3kids just 9months apart. 1& twins. So that mw is very misleading!

Thanks everyone. My bleeding stopped almost 2 weeks ago to a browny colour and stayed like that until started bleeding red again. Its heavier again today and has been consistently red etc for 2 days now, no stopping or geting lighter so i dunno it just feels like a period. I guess ill give it 5-7days and see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->