Period/Bleeding related question....

PCOSMomToTwo

Mommy to girl and boy
Reaction score
I had my baby 11 months ago and got my first period when he was 8 months old. It was very heavy and lasted 2 1/2 weeks. My second period came 2 months after that and lasted for 5 weeks when finally I went to the doctor to get put on meds to stop the heavy flow. The meds stopped the flow within about 5 days. I was told to take the meds for 10 days and stop. I have since stopped and WHAMMO, heavy bleeding again.

I cannot stop my period! I know this is probably rare, but has anyone experienced this?? It's driving me insane!

I do have PCOS and a very small fibroid on my uterus ... but I've had these my whole life and never had this extreme of an issue. :growlmad::nope:

Sorry I can't help Hun I'm in the same situation and haven't got a clue what too do I'd try going back to your docs again and demand a blood test see if anything comes from that, good luck Hun xx

Sorry I can't help Hun I'm in the same situation and haven't got a clue what too do I'd try going back to your docs again and demand a blood test see if anything comes from that, good luck Hun xx

They did a blood test to check my iron levels (they ran a CBC blood test) to make sure it wasn't making me anaemic.

I think they came back okay only because I'm taking 167% needed of daily iron supplement. I can't function if I don't due to exhaustion/dizziness.

These doctors here just don't seem to care. She said they could do a D&C if the bleeding continues. I just don't see how that's a solution. I just want to know why this is happening :-(

I'm sooooo sorry you are going through this mess too! Just so unbelievably unnerving.

Ah okay hunny, same thing here I've been bleeding for two months :-( moderate and heavy it's really getting me done I had bloods done but they came back anaemic but I'm not suprised as been bleeding since 19th April on iron tablets but that's it they haven't said any thing else as yet hopefully I'm get an appt this week, hope you get it all sorted hunny ddd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->