period cramps and spotting, labour signs?

pisces78

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Have been having back ache and cramps around the front low down, like period pains with spotting, could this be early signs of labour?
FTM!

Thanks!

For me it was. I didn't have the spotting though. I lost my mucus plug Sunday/Monday (well most of it) and then Thursday night I had period pains but 100 times worse than typical period pains. Then again I was already at a 4cm without knowing it (besides my doctor telling me I was 4 cm and 80% effaced at that Monday's check up). The period pains came on suddenly and quick. Started at 5 mins apart and went to 2 mins apart all within 20 mins. Baby girl was not here though until Friday morning.

Anyway that's my story from my first pregnancy. Good luck and hope your baby is here soon enough ^^

Hi! I just posted a similar thread right now! Didn't notice yours. I am also a FTM and have been having the same symptoms as yourself. Went to L&D and they said labor can be anywhere from a couple hours to a few days. I liked that answer a lot more than some of the stories I have been reading on the net. Some mommies walk around dilated for weeks! Not sure if that applies to us since we already got a bleed

thanks Butterflywolf how exciting, thanks for sharing, I will keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks rapunzel, wow thats exciting! Babies could be here soon!

I just had my baby on wed morning ..... Tuesday i woke with lower back aches and worst period cramps, felt to me as if early back labor.... I wasn't sure though.... By 1:30 I had some brown spotting, I went to the bathroom shortly after and bright red blood in the toilet and when I wiped , after that I had some light spotting throughout the day..... I went to hospital was only a 3 with mild contractions so they sent me home to labor On my own for A while (which i Was livid about ) Contractions grew much stronger In the evening, couldn't sleep ... Woke at 1am with contractions literally 1-2 min apart, couldn't breathe talk or move ! I was at a 5 when I got to hospital and had him at 6:53 am.....
For me it was labor!
Sounds promising for you !:) good luck! Keep moving, I kept walking all day that day, walk , bounce, take hot bath, keep moving !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->