Period cramps

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
I've been having a lot of period cramping in both my lower back and lower abdomen. It's so severe that it woke me up a few times last night. Started yesterday evening and still going.

Is anyone else going through this? Are these just bh contractions that happen to occur more regularly these days/increase in intensity at different points?

I'm having the same for last 3 days. Bad period pain and on and off painful BH's. Had the same with my first before I had him a week later! Think it's a slow starting labour for me.... Pretty annoying!

Oh. My mom says period pains mean dilation for her but that she had them for a week or two before going into labor.

In my case I hope they are just bh as I'll only be 33 weeks tomorrow. I'll try taking a paracetamol to see if it helps any.

I think they might be painful braxton hicks? From my second pregnancy onwards i started getting them from 30 weeks onwards until birth. Sometimes you can get them regularly and make you think you are in labour. :coffee:

If they get worse or you are worried get checked. If you are dilating they will need to do something about it. I Just had a preterm labour scare and so glad I went to get checked because if I hadn't, my baby would have arrived too early.

Try the paracetamol and some rest and take it from there :flower:

I have been having these too. But I am now pretty much 37 weeks. But mine can get pretty painful as well. I have heard it can just be your body prepping for labor and not necessarily dilation or labor itself. It might also just be BH contractions, which occasionally can be painful

Thanks ladies.

Paracetamol made things a lot better so I feel more relaxed now!

That's what I had all weekend and when I went to the OB today she said they had softened my cervix and she was happy that it was happening.

I had terrible period cramps last night, but I didn't even think about it being braxton hicks because it was just a constant cramp, not like a tightening and it didn't come and go. It finally went away today. I'm not sure what to think about it

My cramps weren't constant, they came and went until I took paracetamol. but my bump constantly feels hard these days so I couldn't tell if those were bh or not.

I think my mom mentioned dilation bc she hopes I can have the baby within 3-4 weeks but I really think in my case it doesn't mean anything is happening.

The same thing happened to me the other night and I'm only 29 weeks. I figured I wasn't drinking enough water so I drank a couple of glasses and laid on my left side and it went away. I hope this helps if it happens again!

I'm with you on this. I'm 34 + 5 and am having this too. It's almost as if it's a combination of gas and period pain. Baby is moving around like crazy and her movements are almost painful too plus tightening from what I hope are BH. I drank 2 huge glasses of water, took a Tylenol and am now feeling a little better. I was more active and busy than usual today which I hope explains it. I'm so terrified of preterm labor even though I know I'm far enough along that she'd probably be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->