Period, Ovulating, TTC while breastfeeding

missielibra

Reaction score
Hello mommies!
I have a 5 months old who I breastfed exclusively for about 4 months. He's been eating a little bit since (but like once a day, about a tablespoon of cereals, so honestly, he basically takes the same amount of milk because right after, he goes to the boob). So I'm still breastfeeding, but he gets a little bit of food.

I have not had my period back yet. And we would like to TTC for #2 come July.
I have been trying OPK, but sometimes I get a line, next day its darker - and then it goes white. I've been testing every couple of days (like two-three days in a row, then stop for two-three days if the last day was stark white). I have been doing this for 2 months. Nothing.

How long did it take you mamas to get your period back?
And did any of you never get it back but got pregnant anyway?

I'm just trying to get a handle on my cycle (if I even have one) before TTC but I'm at a loss!

Thank you! :hugs:

I know quite a few people who accidentally fell pregnant while breastfeeding - they didn't know fertility was returning and got pregnant on their first cycle, so never had a period! Breastfeeding is only reliable contraception if it is exclusive, so technically you could get your cycle any day, but it's more likely to be when baby drops more of their milk feeds. By July baby will be 10months old and likely to be transitioning at that point to more food and less milk. Everyone is different though so sometimes you just can't plan. I'm afraid I know nothing about OPKs so can't comment on that.

I got my period back at 5 months postpartum with my DD. I exclusively breastfed until she was 6 months, then she had a combo of breastmilk and solids. I got pregnant when she was 10 months old while still breastfeeding every 3 hours (day and night). She didn't go off the boob until 13 months old, so I fed her for the first 3-4 months of my pregnancy. After my DS was born, I got my period back at about 8 months postpartum (he was exclusively breastfed for first 6 months, then combo of breastmilk and solids). Both times when I got my period back I was back to normal cycles right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->