period pain at 33 weeks?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

I am 33 weeks today and past few days I have been noticing period pain on and off.

Not really thought to much off it but tonight I suddenly got a much stronger wave then I have been getting and I had to sit down.

Thought I would ask you ladys on here if anyone else is getting this? I am under high risk clinic so if I ring up for advise they always call me in to be checked over. I don't really feel that alarmed over it I putting it down to bh maybe????

It comes in waves this morning had it on and off then it stopped and it started again just now :-/ practise contractions?

Hey Hun. I'm 33 weeks too, and on Friday at work I started feeling a bit faint generally, which I put down to low BP and low iron levels, for which I've just started taking iron supplements, but then I started getting period type pains low down at either side, where I would during my period. It came and went like mild contractions over the next couple of hours, despite me taking it really easy at work, so I rang the assessment unit for advice. They told me to go home, rest and take a bath or use a hot water bottle, see if it settled. It settled down over the next few hours, and I haven't had anything out of the ordinary since. I put it down to overdoing things at work. :shrug:

But saying that I remember early labour feeling like period pains, so if it doesn't settle down it'd probably be best to get checked?

I could have written this myself! I'm 33 weeks tomorro and had period type cramps tonight like I was going to 'come on'. This lasted about an hour so decided to have a bath. They seen to have subsided so will keep an eye on it. Hope yours settles down too! X

Hi! I had it at 26 weeks, mine lasted the whole day and they were exactly like the start of a period, my cervix was sore and everything. I rested all day, didn't go to work, had a nap - but the only thing that made it settle down was a warm/hot bath - it never returned the same way again. You probably need to rest!

Good luck x

My whole labor felt like period pain. I didn't think I was in labor because it wasn't bad enough. Go get checked!

I also could have written this myself! All afternoon I've been googling "period pains third trimester" and "period pains 33 weeks." Mine are very inconsistent, go away relatively quickly, and go away if I sit down or stand up. I'm guessing Braxton Hicks.

I'm the same too, 33+2 and been getting period pains on and off for a few days. I too have been googling "period pain 33 weeks" "period pains third trimester"!

I've had this for about the past 4 weeks. At first it was almost constant..like for days and days I was cramping and it wouldn't stop. I called my OB and went in and he did a FFN test which came back positive, so he's been seeing me each week but since nothing has happened...I'm not dialated at all as of this past Tuesday....he doens't think it's anything to be too concerned about. When I saw my high risk OB 2 weeks ago, I told them about the cramps and that my regular OB had done the FFN test and it was positive, he wasn't concerned at all, even with the postive FFN test. Even tho it's probably nothing, I think it's always good to let the doctor or midwife know just in case it turns out to be something that needs monitoring.

It's pretty common and fairly normal. Make sure you're drinking lots of water. Rest, warm bath and if it doesn't let up then get it checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->