Period Pain (Long sorry!)

J

Jade--x

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this?

I've never been off BC for the last 4 years (aside from the duration of my pregnancies as I got pregnant both times on it!) And I've never had a problem with my periods.

6 weeks after having my 2nd I had the depo shot and it was the worst thing I ever did..I bled to the point of hemorrhage and would bleed through a tampon and pad and my clothes in half an hour - I couldn't leave the house (sorry for TMI) and I'd finished my post partum bleed weeks before I had the shot. I also suffered with migraines so bad I couldn't be in any kind of light and I lost handfuls of hair a day. They said it would get better after my 2nd shot - it didn't so I refused my 3rd and went back on my patch.

Well since then my periods started to be getting later and later during my break week to the point I was putting my patch back on before I'd had one and I was bloated and uncomfortable so last month decided not to put it on again.

This month is my 1st period without any BC and I am crippled to the point I can not move off my sofa. I've took the neurofen period pain tablets and feminax and they've not touched the pain. I've never suffered from anything like this has anyone else had this after coming off BC and does anyone have any advice? I wasn't wanting to go back on BC but I think I'm gonna have no choice :/

Ask your doctor for mefenamic acid if you do stay off the patch, it's a painkiller specifically for period pain that also helps lessen the bleeding. I couldn't cope without it, I take one the night before my period then keep taking it the first three to four days, it's been a lifesaver for me :)

Thanks hun the thing is though I'm barely bleeding? Its not like its heavy infact it barely classes as one as its the same amount as my usual CM - but browny red - so I don't understand why the pains so bad. I have been given something by my doc before but it was norethisterone but I found that pretty useless. I'm there thursday I'll have to ask her for some x

The first period off BC is usually pretty light so don't worry too much. Norethisterone is used to delay a period or stop it, not pain relief, although it would make things lighter too. Hope you manage to get it sorted out, sometimes being female is hard work lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->