Period Pains 3W post miscarriage

Miss_C

Reaction score
Hi Ladies it is almost 3 weeks exactly (19) days since we lost our little ziggy, bleeding stopped around day 12. All has started to feel "normal" again. Today however I feel like my period is coming, you know that low down ache in your wanny, my uterus feels tender, I have backache and am craving chocolate (only time I am a sweet tooth is pre af), I have heaps of creamy cm and my boobs are tender. My u/s on Monday just gone confirmed I had passed everything and a new endometrial lining was building up.

I have read that unless you don't bleed for at least 20 days it's not a "real" period and your cycle hasn't started. I'm not bleeding just jumping ahead of myself cos it feels like the witch is coming, I really want her but not if she's early and my cycle is not right, I don't want to waste dollars upon dollars of OPK's etc.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Yes, I had cramping and additional bleeding exactly 3 weeks after my mc. I had lower back pain and some cramping and then passed ewcm type clots for 2 days before having more of a normal bleed for another couple of days.

I also thought it could have been my period but realised that it couldn't be. I was still testing very faintly positive on HPT until the second day of this bleed, so now think that although I had had the 'all clear' on my scan there must have been some residual tissue there, which was why I was still showing positive on the HPT. I have also read that you must not bleed at all for about 20 days for it to be a real period, otherwise you have not gone through the hormone chain properly.

I got my 'real' period 3 weeks after the start of this second bleed. So 6 weeks from start to finish.

Hope that you get your proper period soon.
Best of luck

thanks Tomo maybe I should do an hpt in case this cramping is to get rid of any residual that wasn't picked up.

very helpful thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->