Period pains at 36 weeks?

honeysuede

Reaction score
I am 36 weeks today & I have had the odd period type cramp on & off through this pregnancy but today seems really bad, along with a stitch type feeling all over my tummy. Anyone else having this?:wacko:
xx

I was out walking yesterday and I got a massive pain/cramp all across my lower abdomen. I started getting some other pains that came and went. I laid down and had a nap when I got home and it seemed better when I got up. Still can't decide it was labour related or something intestinal. With my first pregnancy labour started with intestinal problems.

I just looked back at my last pregnancy journal and I had something similar at 37 weeks which may have been baby engaging? I guess like everything with pregnancy - it could be something or nothing!
Glad you feel better now - did you have an early labour last time? my DS came on his due date after a 17 hour labour.
Am wondering if these pains could be related to the braxton hicks I am having...
xx

I had this its every thing getting ready and baby going down but if you worried ring up

If it isn't sticking around like regular contractions, I'd guess Braxton Hicks. I get a stitch in my side if I walk more than a couple blocks, but then it goes away if I keep walking - I'm pretty sure that one is round ligament pain kicking in as my body realized I'm gonna be upright for awhile. If you're worried, it never hurts to ask your doctor, though.

I've been having period type pains quite a lot recently and I spoke to my midwife about it and she said it's the baby engaging. She had a feel of my belly and said that she was on the brim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->