Period returning?

Kians_Mummy

Mummy to Kian & an angel
Reaction score
I previously was on the Depo injection & was on it from July 2011 and didn't turn up for the injection in Aug 2012.

I've been crampy, emotional etc. for about a week or so now. I went to the toilet this morning & there was a stringy brown discharge. Put a pad on & there is only small bits of brown/bloody discharge. Could this be the start of a period :shrug:

Sorry if it seems a silly question but I've not had a period in 23 months!

It can take up to a year for your period to re-regulate after being on Depo for that long. So yes, and no :)

Thank you for your reply.
I've had a panty liner on for 3 hours now & there isn't any more :(. I got all excited hoping it was my period. Although I suppose theres always a chance of it being it

I got pregnant with my DS (now almost 7) while on depo, and yes, it was fully in the middle of the cycle, not at the end; he's really a one in a million child! lol Anyways, afterward, ALL of my periods have started with brownish stringy spotting just like you have, OP. I don't know, but I think that the depo messed up my cycles pretty badly, because it's never been the same since. I never used to have spotting or anything like that, but now I get three to four days of brown gunky spotting (sorry TMI!) followed by one to two days of really, really heavy period with lots of cramps, and then a couple more days of spotting.

So I don't know, maybe your period is trying to come back finally but taking its time about it?

I went to the toilet before and there was bright red blood when I wiped & since I have really bad cramping so hopefully its my period.

I have never wanted a period to make an appearance so much!
Thank you for your help :).
PP did you have clots with your first few? I've been warned about having clots & not to use tampons for the first few?

any updates? did your period ever come? I have been off Depo since August. I had my first brown spotting on Saturday, so I'm hoping mine is returning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->