Period-type pains- how close is labour?

Lou15

Matthew's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me about their own experiences to give me some idea of how close things might be? Over the last 3-4 days I have had period-type pains, increasing in intensity- since last night they have been about as bad as my period ever gets (just wanting to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle type of intensity). They are constant, I don't think I've had any contractions yet, and are worst when I am up and moving around (so trying to be up and moving as much as possible in the hope of encouraging things along!).
Has anyone had this and gone into labour fairly soon afterwards, or has labour still been days (or weeks?!) away?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

When do you see your doctor \midwife again? You can always get checked out to see if anything is happening.

Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me about their own experiences to give me some idea of how close things might be? Over the last 3-4 days I have had period-type pains, increasing in intensity- since last night they have been about as bad as my period ever gets (just wanting to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle type of intensity). They are constant, I don't think I've had any contractions yet, and are worst when I am up and moving around (so trying to be up and moving as much as possible in the hope of encouraging things along!).
Has anyone had this and gone into labour fairly soon afterwards, or has labour still been days (or weeks?!) away?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Snap! Stalking thread. xx:hugs:

I've had these pains for about two weeks now, sorry! That said mine haven't been as bad as my worst ever period pains, so maybe not as bad as yours.

I think the only sure signs that baby is coming is the head crowning :haha:

I've had these pains for about two weeks now, sorry! That said mine haven't been as bad as my worst ever period pains, so maybe not as bad as yours.

:dohh::dohh: 2 weeks!!!... was hoping it means labour is close ...oh my....

I got period type pains which turned into waves of pain for about 24 hours which I thought nothing of for about 20 hours of it. I was in labor and 7cm by the time I got the hospital!!

I've been getting intense strong period type pains for 8 hours solid every 10-15 minutes - don't know what they are! Not contractions then? But they stop me in my tracks!

:dohh::dohh: 2 weeks!!!... was hoping it means labour is close ...oh my....

Sorry! But then again another woman I know on here started to get them and had her baby later that day!! I hope it's that one for you!

Thanks ladies! So could be hours or could be weeks....oh well, fingers crossed for sooner rather than later!

Joygrr, if yours are intermittent and really stop you in your tracks maybe they are contractions??

I am due to see my consultant on Tues anyway so I will find out more then if nothing happens in the meantime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->