Period vs Pregnancy symptoms

Lynn623

Reaction score
I am currently TTC and am due to start my period in a few days. I am feeling like I normally do right before starting my period. Does this mean I am probably not pregnant? Or can I still have period symptoms before having a positive pregnancy test?

Everyone is different, some get different symptoms when pregnant, others don't feel any different than how they usually would feel before AF:shrug: Only way to know is to take a HPT, the closer to your expected AF date the more sure you can be of the result. Getting a BFP is also different, some can get one as early as 8 dpo, others need to wait until around 14 dpo or even well after AF was supposed to come:shrug:

Not necessarily! My early pregnancy symptoms were exactly like pms...tender breasts, mild cramping/bloating, feeling extra tired, etc. I have long cycles, so if it weren't so early in my cycle I would have thought I was about to start my period.

Wait it out and test :) good luck!

Thank you for the responses. I am supposed to start AF today and so far have just had very light pink spotting on and off...hoping AF just won't come and that it means pregnancy :)

When I see that pink spotting, AF surely comes, but I hope you get that BFP! I have been ttc for 3 years, no luck, just more painful AF each month

I am in the same boat. My period is due on the 12th this month and right now I feel like I do normally before I get my period so I am fairly convinced I missed this month :( But I did read last night to try and bring some hope, some forums where most women say its darn near impossible for them to tell if they are pregnant or if they are getting AF because the symptoms are the same. So I guess I am holding out a tiny bit of hope still!! This is our first month TTC so I know that it probably wont happen the first time. Fingers crossed if not this month then soon after!! I thought about testing today, I would be 11/12 days post Ovulation but I just feel like maybe I should wait. I've been having mild cramping and my nipples are really sore. Earlier on I had twinges and stabbing on my left side, super vivid dreams and a pulling sensation down there and a heavy feeling.. I've also really wanted to have sex, ALL the time, lol which is unlike me at this point in my cycle FOR SURE. So either this is just a weird period or something else is going on.

Hi there, I'm new here and TTC for almost 6 mos.
Nice to be on here with you ladies...

Thought I'd reply to the first thing I saw which resonated for me:winkwink:! Was feeling super hopeful following a positive HSG tubes test - they were open and that was a relief! Test from 2 years ago showed one blocked so I was worried. All other tests have been normal.
SO, this month, I thought maybe this is it! My cylces are shorter now that I'm 36. AF due today, and I'm feeling some lower tummy grumbles (usually first signs that AF is very close).
Just the waiting game....
Been worried that my former smoking has aged my eggs beyond repair...trying to stay hopeful, but LORD do I wish I'd read that research THEN!!!:cry: Best of Baby Dust to you!!!

Hi there, I'm new here and TTC for almost 6 mos.
Nice to be on here with you ladies...

Thought I'd reply to the first thing I saw which resonated for me:winkwink:! Was feeling super hopeful following a positive HSG tubes test - they were open and that was a relief! Test from 2 years ago showed one blocked so I was worried. All other tests have been normal.
SO, this month, I thought maybe this is it! My cylces are shorter now that I'm 36. AF due today, and I'm feeling some lower tummy grumbles (usually first signs that AF is very close).
Just the waiting game....
Been worried that my former smoking has aged my eggs beyond repair...trying to stay hopeful, but LORD do I wish I'd read that research THEN!!!:cry: Best of Baby Dust to you!!!

Hi mojojojo

Do not worry. It's never too late to re-condition your body to the optimal shape for conceiving.

Remember, both your and your husband needs to lay off smoking. Both parties play a part in fertility.

Start engaging in simple exercises, yoga, healthy diet and you will feel the positive body change in you within 1 month.

I wish you all the best in the BPF within the next few cycles! :baby:

P.S Avoid unnecessary stress from the TWW too.

I hope I can post this here!! I found this thread because I was convinced that AF was coming because I was having cramping... and I am pregnant! I found out last week. SO even if YOU ARE cramping take heart that it actually could be implantation! My cramping felt exactly the same as period cramping, was pretty bad and painful, but my period just never came.... each morning, I was like ok its coming today, there is NO way after last nights cramps... and it still was elusive. I waited 5 DAYS because I was certain it was on its way. On the fifth morning I tested and low and behold SUPER positive!!! :flower:

Thanks for posting this, Smile! I'm 10DPO and I had some pink spotting that turned to brown spotting yesterday evening with nasty cramping last night. I was convinced that I was out, but you've given me a little hope. Thank you! :)

Your welcome! Even if you are out this month there is a really good chance that when it happens you'll be like ok, yeah its coming, and you'll carry on and BAM it won't come. I read on here once a lady said that it was the times she was the MOST convinced she was NOT pregnant and the least worried about it, that she actually was. This was the same for me, even at 2-3 days late talking to my friend, and I was still saying there is absolutely NO way, I am having every pms sign, and I totally missed this month, I think I even wrote it on here and I was legit planning on the next cycle and bought OPK tests ...lol so that's how convinced I was ...:winkwink: ( I am usually 2-3 days late on either side), so I literally had NO idea until I was 5 days late and started to wonder slightly. Good luck <3

I'm pretty sure I'm out for this month, but at least I know that seeing the spotting isn't the end of the road. It could still mean a BFP. Going to see my new OBGYN this afternoon. This will be cycle #4 for us, but I've had some other issues going on and I want to make sure that they won't prevent me from TTC. FXed.

I hope I can post this here!! I found this thread because I was convinced that AF was coming because I was having cramping... and I am pregnant! I found out last week. SO even if YOU ARE cramping take heart that it actually could be implantation! My cramping felt exactly the same as period cramping, was pretty bad and painful, but my period just never came.... each morning, I was like ok its coming today, there is NO way after last nights cramps... and it still was elusive. I waited 5 DAYS because I was certain it was on its way. On the fifth morning I tested and low and behold SUPER positive!!! :flower:

Thank you SO much for your post. I have been spotting for 5 days, AF is now 1 day late, and I woke up with terrible cramping, but I STILL hold out hope that I'm pregnant, even though this morning, BFN. I may or may not start AF today, but your comment made me feel hopeful. I have a fibroid, and it always causes me pain, but maybe, just maybe, this is a good sign... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->