Period was 5 Days late

jt3318

Pregnant - First Baby
Reaction score
Hey Girls! I need some advice.... This month my period was 5 days late, on day 4 I had light brown spotting and that was it (never had light brown spotting happen to me before). Then on day 5 I thought I got my period, it wasn't as heavy as it normally is on the first and second day. It lasted 2 days and now it's gone. My period usually is every 31-32 days and lasts 5 days. I started being nauseous last week and just thought I caught a bug. I had some light cramping, but that too was not ordinary because normally the first week before and the first two days into my period i have pretty bad cramps. The nauseous hasn't given up and neither has my hormones. Typically once I get my period the hormones balance out and I don't feel so crazy anymore. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I would test. Especially if your are always regular etc, good luck :)

no i haven't tested because at first i was like oh my period came, i'm in the clear. but now that it stopped really early, i'm going to test anyways.

test, and let us know how you get on. hope you get the result you are looking for xx

It very well could be that you ovulated late and that was an implantation bleed. Definitely test and let us know. :dust: :test:

does implantation bleeding last more than a day? i've never been pregnant before so i wouldn't really know. :S

not sure, but get a test to put your mind at rest.. if your 5+ days late then your answer should be definate answer xxx

I've never had implantation bleed but I have heard that it can last two or three days leading a lot of women to believe that they just had a shorter than normal period. IB is why a lot of women don't find out they are PG until 8 weeks or after. Can't wait to hear the results of your test. :dust:

Did you end up testing?

The only thing I really keep track of is my cycle lengths, and aside from the month I got off of birth control, they've all been 27-28 days (typically 27). At 33 days today out of nowhere I spotted pink this morning. No cramping or anything, which is weird because I was crampy and totally convinced I had my period at around 27-29 days. I'm guessing my period is just late this month and will be heavier tonight/tomorrow, which hasn't happened before but is probably the case. Our bodies are weird.

Anyway, just curious to hear how it turned out for you (if you know yet).

Just caught up! I'm settling in for news too! Hope that your answer is soon! I hate when everything is unclear I just need to be in control dang it!! lol

I tested and it came back negative. I'm trying to make an appointment with an ob/gyn to double check. I went off the pill in December and my periods were always 32-33 days, but i'm never sure when i ovulate. My boyfriend and I are not preventing a pregnancy but we aren't exactly actively "trying". I've had nausea on and off as well.

I took 2 -- one in the night, and one late morning. It wasn't exactly a week after my "period".

Best to use the FIRST morning urine. BFP with my daughter I took a week after my missed period and it was VERY light. So it really depends on your body and when you produce the HCG hormone.. Good luck and I hope you get answers soon!

i guess i'll try again this week because then it will be almost a week and a half since my "period" started.

it might have been -- just never thought i'd actually have a short/light period off the pill. bahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->