Period?

Eegee

Reaction score
I had quite heavy bleeding after giving birth, and after a couple of weeks it turned into mostly clear/yellowish mucusy discharge. I had the odd little bit of green in there but the midwife said it sounds normal.

For the past week or so I've been having pinky coloured bleeding. I thought it was weird that the bleeding had come back, and I was also getting a mild achy feeling in my abdomen and feeling slightly queasy, similar to how I would feel during my period. Now the bleeding has got heavier and darker with bits of clots in it, exactly as my period would be. It's a bit back to front - normally it would come on quite suddenly and be heavy for a few days before trailing off and finishing after a week, whereas this has started off lighter and got heavier. But could it be my period?

I'm breastfeeding and had read that periods probably won't return as soon if that's the case, but it's not the end of the world if that is what it is!

ETA: I meant to say that I had also read that periods can cause a dip in milk supply and a change in the taste - we finally got the hang of breastfeeding but for the last few days my baby has been faffing whilst I've been feeding her, as though she's frustrated. She keeps letting go and yet wants to be straight back on the nipple, but she soon lets go again. I wondered if the two were related - I doubt anyone can tell me for sure but if it's possible then it gives me hope that this is just a blip! My nipples are also back to being really sore, but it feels like the pain is on the inside - if I even breathe in too deeply they start to tingle! In an ideal situation all of these things will be related and solved in a few days time lol :haha:

It doesn't sound like your period, it sounds like residual lochia. Usually recurring because you are doing too much. You are only 4 weeks pp I recommend that you take it easy for a few days - jump into bed with your LO and watch lots of movies with LO at breast - and see if it improves. If it continues or gets worse I would definitely see a dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->