Periods after a MC

jules22

Preggers :)
Reaction score
I have had the weirdest periods since my MC since this past December. I usually have 6 week cycles and my first positive OPK strip was just about on time at 4 weeks out. Two days after I got a strong positive I started spotting brown/pinkish discharge and could tell my belly was a little bloated. I spotted for 2 more days then a few drops of red blood passed through...

I took it as my period since i had a few days of clots here and there.

A week and a half later I get a positive (same color as the control line) few days after that, which is yesterday I get some brown discharge with some red in it. I'm SO CONFUSED!

Is this normal??? How long until I get a good normal cycle back?!

Hiya there jules first of all so sorry for your loss! Have you taken a hpt or had bloods done? Inly saying this because it took about 8 weeks for my hcg to go below 5. If you still have some in your system the opks will be positive as they detect hcg as well as lh? Or on a more positive note you may be preggo again.

x x x

My periods were like this after my miscarriage but my hcg was down to zero and I was getting bfn's. I would definitely get some blood taken just to make sure everything from the miscarriage is gone. I had numerous tests done just to make sure because the symptoms sounded like left-over stuff according to my gp but all my bloods came back negative and an ultrasound came back clear too.

My cycles went on like this for several months (about 3 or so) and then I had a crazy long cycle on which I got pregnant so my body never actually returned to normal.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

OPK's will pick up on HCG hormones, so you probably just still have some in your system. Since you MC'd at 5 weeks (sorry if thats wrong, I was going by your siggy) Then I think average is 1 cycle to get back to normal. I Mc'd at 5 weeks as well and my first cycle after was a bit off, and after that it was back to normal.

About a week after the mc.. I did have bloods taken and I was already down to zero. I even took a HCG test and a OPK and both were negative. I guess my body is just out of wack or something. Thanks for all your help though :)

About a week after the mc.. I did have bloods taken and I was already down to zero. I even took a HCG test and a OPK and both were negative. I guess my body is just out of wack or something. Thanks for all your help though :)

Yeah more than likely just wacko. You might not even ovulate at all this cycle, and just have AF show up. I didn't track Ov after my M/C so I can't tell you if I did or not :shrug:

I'd say give it a cycle or two before you worry too much. Just like when you come off of the pill, things are out of wack for a few cycles.

It took me about 5 months to ovulate for the first time. Luckily, I caught that time. My first pregnancy took 6 tries (not that long, granted. Felt like an eternity...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->