• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Periods while ebf??

wannabemomy37

~ Waiting ~
Reaction score
So my son was born June 2nd, and I bled for about 2-3 weeks off/on after that. I figured that's normal and was prepared to bleed for the full 6 weeks but got lucky.
July 30th I was spotting again, and it lasted for about 7-10days...my periods used to be only 3-4 days :( and the pelvic pain with cramps feels so much different than I remember cramps to be like...

Today is August 21 and I started another period yesterday...cramping is awful and my hips feel like they're breaking :(

Anybody else have such a quick break without periods while ebf? And only 21 days between periods? I did start a progesterone-only bcp too just this past Sunday too, could that be causing a sudden period?

My periods have been heavier and longer since having him. First one was horrifically painful, second was better, by the 3rd it was at the usual level. Fully breast fed and my periods came back at 6 weeks.

Any birth control can cause bleeding in the first 3 months as your body adjusts. Hope it settles for you.

I am EBFing and my periods returned at 5.5 months. I have had three cycles so far and they are much heavier than pre-baby, but are surprisingly not at all painful. I started out with a 45 day cycle and they have gotten shorter each time, this last one was 35 days. I'm not on any birth control at all.

I'm not really concerned with the pain part, as I always had awful cramps and now things are just different in my groin area anyways...I just thought it was bizzare to have my 2nd period already while ebf.

Looking back this period is more like a period whereas the one before this was more like spotting still. I dunno...was not expecting it back so quickly lol

I didn't give it a chance to find out, I had the implant (I think that's progesterone only) fitted a few weeks after my daughter arrived. I bled constantly, varying from heavy to barely there, for a year. Had it removed and have had proper periods since although cycle length has varied a fair bit, but seem now to be levelling out to about 26 days. Everyone's different, adding in hormones could easily shake things up a little at first but most settle within a few months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->