Permanent lump feeling in throat?

Reaction score
For the past couple of months I have felt like I constantly have a lump in my throat but it doesn't seem to clear, I can't see anything either! It kind of feels like my tonsils are touching but they're clearly not!

I've been having problems with my stomach too, exess acid, bloating, sharp pains and recently had a scan on my gallbladder (awaiting the results)

Dya think they could be related at all?

What else can cause a feeling of having a lump permanently stuck in your throat?

Iv got an appointment for Friday at the doctors but Iv been googling (bad move I know, right?) and I've scared myself with all sorts of crap and this is driving me mad :wacko:

x

my mil has this and its from reflux. Do you have a cough as well as this is another symptom.

Hi, yes I do have a cough too.

I actually went doctors today as there was a cancellation and they are shut Friday and the doctor has prescribed me Omeprazole 20mg. He's said if symptoms persist or get any worse to go back. He said he's pretty sure I'll see an improvement. So, fingers crossed.

My scan on my gallblader and ducts all came back fine so that's a weight off my mind thankfully!

I'm also on an anti-depressant called Mirtazapine which apparently can cause some stomach issues so it looks like I might have to review those. Thing is though they're the only anti-deprassant that I have found works on my anxiety and sleep issues :(

x

Deleted.. I was suposed to be starting a new thread lol..

God, I'm such a plank :dohh:

Sounds like 'globus phayngis' - usually caused by reflux or stress

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"