Persephonie Bluebelle is here! 12th Nov

Flower

Reaction score
& what a gorgeous teeny tiny lady she is! :cloud9:

Friday 12th November 2010 at 6.11pm, weighing 6lb 14!
(which was a surprise as everyone, including MW the day before saying she'd be 8lb+)

I know this is probs a long explanation, but I know when I was pregnant I loved reading the birth stories, to give me reassurance, so hopefully it will be helpful to some of you ladies.

She arrived a week early; thank goodness - was already starting to climb the walls! & I was just sooo uncomfortable and painful, and having to run round after my 2yr too.

I woke at about 2.30am for the loo, and I was a bit damp - more than usual, i've got a terrible cough at the mo, so every time I coughed I felt like I was leaking - so it took me several hours to decide if it was wee or my waters! (last time my waters went all of a sudden, so this was new to me). I was up and down all night checking in the loo.

Then I started getting mild pains and cramps - and thats when I knew, altho hoping it wasn't a false alarm, so stayed in bed. I called my dad at about 7.30am to warn him (he lives 1.5hrs away, he was to come and sit with Jensen). I called delivery suite to tell them I think my waters have gone and have mild pains, and explained I was told last time to call straight away, incase I have a quick labour and explained that the sitter lived 80 miles away.

Anyway, phoned dad again and told him to come (narrowly missing an argument with my mother 'are you sure you're in labour, don't want dad to waste a days holiday for a false alarm' followed by texts asking same question!!! Arrrrghggghh I'm in labour you stupid woman, and this stress is the last thing I need :growlmad:..... and breath ..)

Dad arrived, and we went to hospital at about mid-day, just to get checked out, contractions we're getting worse, but not painful, just uncomfortable & 5 mins apart.

Was 3cm dilated, MW suggested OH & I went for a nice lunch somewhere and come back, but when she came back into the room 10 mins later, she looked at me and said 'ooh, you're not going anywhere' contractions were much more stronger and about 3 mins apart.

She offered me G&A, which I was really apprehensive about as I hate feeling sick, but she assured me that if I felt like that then to stop and it would soon pass. I felt fine and it did help, cliched but it did take the edge off. At 2pm I asked for an epidural (my last pregnancy I had absolutely no drugs, and I didn't want to do that again!) Anyway, by the time they found the annethatist and forget bits and pieces, it was too late!!! (Was gutted and started crying!! All the memories of my first labour came back and I really started to get petrified of the pain).

At about 5pm MW checked me again and I was fully dilated - started crying again, as I knew it was push time (again was scared of hours of pushing!) - I asked for more drugs, she said she could get the sister to give me an epidural top up but again she thought it would be too late, I had it anyway, and didn't help, nor was the gas and air helping at this point either so ditched that.

She asked me if I felt like pushing, and I honestly didn't know - I just felt like I needed a big poo (sorry if tmi), but not quite ready - altho thinking back I'd had the sensation for a while but was in denial (again afraid of pushing). Anyway, I started pushing, and I could feel her head, she took about 6 pushes in the end, her head popped out, and she started crying!! MW told me to stop pushing (she was being very mindful of me tearing, as had 2nd degree last time), after a min or so I pushed again, and she was out!!! I did tear again, which was 2nd degree - but the whole stitching process was less traumatising than last time (to anyone reading this, my last experience was terrible, and the MWs were rubbish, which is why it took about 2-3 hours just to stitch me up last time - but that's probably a rare experience)

So over all another quick delivery/labour (I reckon its the raspberry leaf tea, which I took in both pregnancies). Was absolutely ecstatic, and a much better labour than my last one and a lovely MW too.

We were discharged at about 1.30am and home by 2am - after much nagging from us! Which was lovely.

Persephonie is a little doll and so gorgeous, Jensen has taken to her very well too.

https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/jemimahly/Persephonie/IMG_2320.gif
https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/jemimahly/Persephonie/IMG_234a.gif
https://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/jemimahly/Persephonie/IMG_2343.gif

congratulations!
such a beautiful little lady and gorgeous name! :flower: xx

congratulations hun, she is stunning, well done, absoloutly love her name xXx

shes sooo cute!

congratulations
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts