Personal grooming before labour

jw1555

Reaction score
Ladies are any of you planning to groom yourselves before labour?!
I know my lady garden definetly needs more than a trim!! And I will also shave my legs. I seem to have developed a sudden phobia of people seeing me covered in hair - I think this is probably to stop me worrying about the actual labour part! Just wondered what everyone else planned on doing/has done in preparation?

I can't remember what my legs and private area was like with my first daughter, don't remember doing any prep so I dread to think:haha:
But his time I was thinking about maybe going for a wax, around 38 weeks(if all goes to plan) as that will stave off the hair for around 4 weeks! So hopefully I will be groomed for the labour.
Although, I think hairy legs will be the least of my worries when my legs are spread in a room full of people:haha:

I have been shaving my legs now about twice a week since i was 35weeks along, and I trim my lady garden once a week so its neat. I have a massive issue with ingrown hairs if i wax or shave there- even with using depilatory creams etc. So as long as the midwifes or Dr's don't have to go bush whackin' on the day I will be happy! lol

Bush whackin ha ha!! I've just managed (with great difficulty!) to paint my toe nails, haven't looked at those since sept lol! I'm going to do my legs tonight, and I can confirm that they are not pretty! I'm sure I won't care what it looks like down there when I'm in pain though on the day ha ha

I need to shave my legs. But I've been trying to so call trim my lady area but idk how it looks hahaha. Oh said it looks fine but idk if I trust his judgment cus men will say anything to make us feel good smh lol. My doctor said I shouldn't completely shave my lady cus I can get an infection before labor.

My oh waxed my legs last night, going to attempt a lady garden trim tonight, but I've got a feeling it will be a hack job lol xx

I'm also going to attempt a trim tonight although OH has informed me I need garden shears!

This thread has got me laughing up a storm. I caught myself asking this same question, because I can hardly see all of my lady part now, what on earth am I going to do when i am 40 weeks along. just wing it I guess lol. Just creeping up on you ladies. Hoping last trimester goes well for all of you!

Nope nope nope. Don't even care in the slightest. I think I cared the first time but looking back on my previous labour, a little hair is the least possible undignified thing going on. But if it helps you ladies then go for it! I nearly passed out trying to shave my legs a week ago because I couldn't breathe when I bent!

I've been a 'bald eagle' since since day one, and plan to keep it that way! Lol thanks to watching this forum in my first trimester, I knew ahead of time how hard it would be to shave my lady bits the further I got along, so around the fourth month began training myself to shave in awkward positions and going by feel instead of look. Proud to say that although it is a little more difficult, I still got it!

with DS1, I didn't care much about my lady parts but I did make sure I shaved my legs. I got pretty big with him too, but still managed. I had access to a bathtub though.

This time, I honestly didn't care. Legs really didn't get shaved the last couple weeks. We only have a stand up shower though. I was much smaller but it was so hard to put my leg up and bend over to shave. And because of that, yeah lady parts didn't even get trimmed.

I don't 'bend over' to shave my legs or cut my toe nails as much as 'contort to the side ungracefully'. And to trim the lady bits I have a medium sized make up mirror on a little stand I prop on top of the bathroom sink which is waist height. It helps a fair bit in seeing what I am doing but I have to wing it when going further between my legs. Last time I trimmed I admittedly nicked a bit and bled :(
I will just do it verrrryyyy slowly today haha

I use a trimmer set on short rather than trying to shave for lady garden., and just do quick buzz stiostood in front of mirror.
As for legs, haven't touched them for while but when I do I use veat cream and then rinse off rather than trying to contort Into positions to try to shave.

I used Veet which you're not supposed to use down there and burnt myself unpleasantly!

I tried veet years ago....and realized very quickly that I'm allergic to it :(

After a traumatic incident involving snagging my lady bits with a gillette, I've resigned to just quick trims with an electric razor until I can see that area again, lol. The legs I only tackle when I'm feeling ambitious these days, so hopefully when the "nesting" kicks in, it will affect my grooming habits as well :haha: So it's just luck if I go into labor while not looking like a jungle lady.

I'll probably just trim up my lady garden before hand. I've given up on shaving it for the most part since I always end up with major ingrown hairs no matter what I try. I haven't even touched it since about 18w. Don't think I've really shaved my legs since then either.
I will definitely shave my lower legs, since I will be walking around the halls for a couple days and don't need to traumatize everyone there with my gorilla fur :) Thighs, I probably won't worry about much. They'll be covered pretty much most of the time.

I would love to groom, but I haven't been able to see my lady garden for weeks! I end up looking like a blind edward scissor hands had his way with me!

I love this post... its making me laugh, thank you!! I for one don't really care about what I look like down there when its labor and delivery time. My legs still get shaved, once in while, but its getting harder and harder to bend over to do so.. Hell I don't think I could shave or trim my lady area even if I wanted to right now. I'm sure its a terribly hairy mess... Hahahaaa! If DH isn't complaining then why should I bother.

I think I stopped shaving a week before I gave birth but damn did I wish I shaved. I had a c section which made it difficult to shower, let alone shave. So I went 6 weeks without shaving my lady bits and dear lord was that awful. It was a two day process to clean everything up for my postpartum appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->