Personal grooming before labour

I shave my legs pretty much every day. I can't stand the feeling of unshaven legs. It is get A LOT harder to do though. Thankfully we have a tub, so I can sit down and do it and afterwards my DH will put lotion on for me. I also try and shave the lady bits the best I can. I like to be pretty much hair free but I can't see a GD thing. I considered getting a wax, but that makes me nervous lol. I may bite the bullet and go in at 37-38 weeks for a wax and pampering facial (which I think I TOTALLY deserve, right ladies??) but we will see.

whatever you do, do NOT shave your lady garden before labour. I did mine the day I went into labour last time, and I tell you now the discomfort of the hairs growing back when you are already grazed and sore down there is not funny (and that's coming from someone who shaves regularly and never has any discomfort usually).

This time i'll be making sure I have at least a week or more hair growth when going into labour!

I still shave my legs at least once a week:haha: It's so much work but now that I'm at 38 weeks I best start being more on top of those. I do one leg at a time so it's a bit silly feeling one leg growing stubbly a day ahead of the other:dohh: And I make DH lotion my legs up afterward because I feel ready to pass out after shaving.

As for the lady bits, I keep the area as trimmed as possible, but wow being blind down there makes it scary. It's been a couple of weeks so I had best get on that too, as stated by previous poster DH will say it looks great no matter what so he's not help:rofl:

with DS1 I was HUGE and couldn't see anything, so I just grabbed a tube of veet, shoved it down there and hoped for the best :haha: OH didn't have the heart to tell me it was really patchy :haha:

Oh thanks ladies for all your replies you have given me a good giggle!

Oh my, this thread makes me giggle! I don't grow most hair (except on my head) very quickly, so with great effort I grunt and groan my legs to a good shave about once a week. Twice if I'm really ambitious. I'll admit to having dh occasionally shave them for me. He's been shaving the lady bits for me as well for a few weeks since I had a particularly sad experience with the mirror after I tried myself and saw I had gorilla handed the whole thing, lol.

This shamed me into tackling my legs today so ran a bath after leaving the veet on for required time. I Managed the worst I reckon so my legs should be acceptable for a few days. Lol.
Thankfully my lady garden is naturally tame so a quick trim is sufficient to keep things reasonable for the indignity that is childbirth!

If the worst thing my midwife sees is a little hair, I'm gonna consider it the most dignified labor ever ;) I'm sure she's seen worse! I mean, once you're getting into the potential of someone having to clean up your poop, the bush kind of fades into the background. And the contortions required to shave just sound dangerous at 9 months, even without taking into account the use of sharp blades without visibility on very sensitive areas. And razor burn. No thanks...

I am going to try to keep my legs at least somewhat presentable. I sometimes let things go in winter, but I'll try to shave at least a couple times a week so I'm not too stubbly if labor sneaks up on me (especially since pregnancy makes everything grow extra fast). I don't need to be perfectly smooth, but I don't want to look like I haven't shaved in a month! I'm sure DH will be willing to at least help me keep shaved up to the knee if I need help, and that's where the hair is the most noticeable.

the replies made me laugh! im on my way here to 3rd in a short while as im currently in 2nd tri and i thought i'd share my plan. i do plan on shaving my lady garden IF its too wild but i likely wont shave completely. ill definitely shave my legs all the way though! i used to shave once a week but since getting pregnant i shave once a month for both legs and lady area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->