Petite Ladies & Successful Labour

I am 5'1 and a size 0... yes size 0, all of 106 pounds and I was even smaller with my first 2 kids. I had very successful vaginal deliveries with both kids. My mom is 4'9 and a lot smaller than me and she gave birth naturally to 3 kids! I had epidurals with both of mine.

First labor was 14 hours and 7.7 pound baby

Second labor was 8 hours and 7.15 pound baby

Well, I admit mine was 'partially' successful as he was born vaginally but did have dystocia complication.

Since you were induced when not favourable, I suspect that has farrrrr more to do with your labour than your size. Billions of petite women have delivered naturally and safely - but induction when unfavourable is often the culprit with C-section.

Good luck on your VBAC

Also meant to include that I was induced with both babies after being over a week late with both of them.

i am 5ft 3 , i was in labour 12 hours and lucie was born weighing 9lb9 i had no tears. I kept on my feet up until pushing. I hope you get the birth you want. X

I'm 5'5" and pre-pregnancy US size 0. I weighed only 95 lbs.

I had a 34 hour labor, and delivered my baby girl vaginally weighing 8 lbs, 13 oz.

I did have an episiotomy and then tore, and had to have a vacuum extraction, but my pelvis itself was certainly big enough. just didn't have a big enough "hole" for her to get through at the end! :winkwink:

I'm 5'3, 118lbs before pregnancy and a size 5, and I successfully gave birth vaginally to an 8lb 6 oz baby, it was an assisted delivery of course, she was way to big to come out on her own, but I had avoided a c section, still, it was pretty scary

I am 5 foot 1 inch. I delivered my son unmedicated. Labor was 30 hours because he was back to back but I did it all on my own! No assistance, no c section, no pitocin ( I wouldn't agree). It actually annoys me that everyone thinks smaller woman can't birth their baby's :dohh:

And I agree w what someone else said about ur labor outcome due more to induction. And induction works against your body so it takes way longer. There is a plethora of research out there that has a high correlation with induction and csection which is exactly why I didn't agree to being induced. I delivered at 41 weeks and 5 days. My LO came out sunny side up (dh said his nose was facing my right leg "at 2 o'clock)

i'm 4 11 and size 8 pre pregnancy and had my bubba (the day before you had yours - 15th dec 2009) with only a bit of help from forceps. bubba was just shy of 7lbs too (whcih i was SO proud of as i thought it was such an achievment for a littley like me)

:D

i am about 5ft and i am usually a 6/8 and i have had 3 vaginal deliveries with no tears and they weighed 8lb 1oz, 7lb 8oz then 8lb 1oz again. Ive had no tears or problems

I'm a little larger but I've heard everyone on either side of the spectrum get both c-sections and vaginal births- I think it really does depend what position the baby is in!

I'm a little larger but I've heard everyone on either side of the spectrum get both c-sections and vaginal births- I think it really does depend what position the baby is in!

...and how pushy the doctor is. In the U.S. many doctors are impatient anD pressure women into a lot of unnecessary intervention. Thought there is def. a place and time for all intervention, it is most def. abused.

the petite gene has survived through all the thousands of years that women have been birthing babies because we can do it :)

5'1 (and thats being nice) and 110 lb.....I had a successful labor and delivery, albeit sunny side up. sorry to hear your first was traumatic :(

I'm 4'11 and had a lovely vaginal birth.

My grandmother is 4'10 and had 6 children vaginally!

My mother is 5'1 and when she had me, she experienced what you're describing - I was looking up (face presentation) which ended up in EMCS. She was told that it was because of her size and she'd need a C-section with any subsequent babies. Three years later she had my sister by VBAC.

So no, I don't think size has much to do with it. You might find this interesting!

hi im 5'4 & a size 10 & i had my little girl 5 hours after being induced , i pushed for 15 mins and she was born with no problems at all , just one outer stitch for a minor graze , i wish u all the best

I'm 5'2 and a size 0/00 pre-pregnancy so I was a bit worried about this but reading this thread has reassured me :)

5'2 and 98 lbs pre pregnancy. Had a difficult labor with my first, as he was facing the wrong way and then got stuck. Finally delivered with assistance from forceps and vaccum. Hoping things will be a bit easier this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->