Petrified

lylasmummy

Reaction score
So I’m under the care of the perinatal team due to my severe anxiety of something terrible happening to my baby.

It’s all consuming, and people tell you to relax but you just can’t. I’ve been put on an anti psychotic medication

I’m on the labour ward now about to have steroid injection and then a sliding scale in perpetration for planned section Wednesday morning.

I’m absolutely petrified and so desperate to get her here alive and well.

I feel like an awful mother for the thoughts In my mind :(

You are not an awful mother for worrying about your baby. That makes you a mother :) A good mother always worries about their kids. In utero and out. Congrats on the soon to be birth of your baby!

There is nothing less helpful than being told to relax! I almost strangled my mother the last time she did it!!

You're not alone - everyone worries! I had pre eclampsia with DS and my blood pressure became scary might-have-a-stroke high during delivery, and DS was getting a little distressed. We were both absolutely fine, but now at 30 weeks with DD and I'm trying really, really hard not to panic. It's not easy.

My only advice (for what it's worth) is to try to visualise positive outcomes and, if that doesn't help, search for distractions. Xxx

I know how you feel. When I’m going through all the scary scenarios in my head and start to panic and then someone says relax I start wondering if they think it’s a push button solution... if it was so easy wouldn’t I have done it myself??

I’m so sorry that you’re struggling but soon you’ll be holding your happy & healthy baby in your arms <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->