pg while bfing?

allforthegirl

Mom of 5 boys
Reaction score
Hello lovelies!

I was just wondering what or if any issues with bfing you are having now you are pg?

I just found out I am pg, very early so, but I every once and a while get these small pangs of nausea while he is nursing, and also small discomfort, but not pain.

Just trying to figure out what I should expect. TIA :flower:

I didn't have any problems in the beginning. I did dry up around 20 weeks though. :(

Luckily I made it to 1 year, which was always my goal. :)

I breastfed in my second pregnancy, until I dried up. Made for easy self-weaning by my toddler. Now I am breastfeeding again (a 3 1/2 year old!) and am thinking it will be a good time for him to self wean when I dry up. A bit more soreness in the nipples than prior to pregnancy, but nothing like early on in a breastfeeding relationship.
I haven't noticed any increased nausea - if anything it helps me a bit. But I have suffered a lot with nausea (and some vomiting) this time around, so might be just coincidence.

So did any of you have breast tenderness like at the beginning of a pg without bfing? or was it milder?

When I was pregnant with my daughter the breast tenderness I had was unreal! Since I was breastfeeding at the beginning of this pregnancy I barely had any tenderness, luckily. :)

this is the third baby i have breastfed during pregnancy and i can safely say that the pregnacare breastfeeding plus tablets have helped loads. i felt like my milk supply was dropping and then i started taking the supplement and in 48hrs i felt a lot better. xx well done for sticking at it xx :hugs:

i have not heard of those here.... I wonder if our specialty/all natural stores will have something like that.....

Thank you all for your answers.

i have not heard of those here.... I wonder if our specialty/all natural stores will have something like that.....

Thank you all for your answers.

Try ebay. There might be an international seller who will post it!?!

I got pregnant while breastfeeding my toddler. My boobs were way less sore than in my first pregnancy. I noticed that it changed my milk supply immediately and it was already pretty low as LO is two. I think it also must have changed taste immediately as he became less keen even before I knew I was pregnant. He self weaned basically about two weeks ago (very small persuasion on my part), which was awesome.

Well I am not ready to stop nursing my guy, he is wee but a healthy weight for his height, and not quite 1 yr yet......so close thought..... I think I am going to give him a couple more months then try and wean him at around 6 months pg.

and you are right so far less discomfort than without bfing.

i am still bf my 2yr old its quite exhausting tbh she wakes in the night as well but she is so soft i have cut down and will stop soon xx

The last two days he seems to want to nurse more, as my milk seemed to have dropped, even taking both sides in one feeding. Before he would only take the one. Hoping it increases some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"