Phlegmy nephew

jellytot3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice...
My sister has a 7month old son and since he has been born he has been really chesty. He is constantly coughing up phlegm. Both me and my mum have told her to take him to the Drs but she wont. The health visitor hasnt said anything, neither has the nurse when hes had his jabs. :wacko:
Sometimes he gets that bad he almost chokes on the phlegm, its quite worrying. He is such a pleasant, quite and happy little baby...doesnt really cry that much.I was wondering if maybe it could be an intolerance to milk? He is formula fed and has been from day 1.
Any advice welcome and appreciated :flower: x

Does he have any other symptoms? Such as skin problems or vomiting, it could be an intolerance, not sure what else it could be. Hope someone else can help xx

Mine is the same, alwyas snotty, coughs up mucas constantly especially mornings) and also wheezes with it. When seeing the consultant at the hospital she mentioned some babies just naturally produce more mucas and will eventually grow out of it, also any little viral infection seems to stay for much longer so he never really seems to shift it before getting the next one. If everything else is fine i would'nt worry too much but all are different so may be worth a quick check?

Does he have any other symptoms? Such as skin problems or vomiting, it could be an intolerance, not sure what else it could be. Hope someone else can help xx

No other symptoms at all. Just the snot and chestyness x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->